DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacing a lost Mavic Pro

drone_on

Reactions
Hey guys,

So tragedy struck, and my DJI Mavic now resides at the bottom of a lake, irretrievable! Learned a hard lesson about flying too low to the water that day. Anyways, I want to replace the drone, but now I am stuck with an expensive controller...

Anyone know if it's possible to either:

A) Buy a replacement drone (without the controller) and link it to my existing controller
or
B) Sell the controller, and allow someone else to link it to their drone

I tried going through DJI Support, but they just passed me over to Sales, who of course didn't respond after multiple inquires... Guess they are more interested in seeing if I will purchase a whole new set.

Thanks!

Both of those are possibilities. You can buy a Mavic without the remote controller from DJI here.

Awesome! My question languished in support for 2 weeks, but I get an answer here in seconds! Thank you!

Reactions: SeaComms
If you do buy a drone only, you will also be entitled to buy DJI Refresh insurance.after you register it despite your controller being from a different drone.

Great! I actually just purchased the replacement, but didn't see this option... Do you have a URL from their site showing that offer?

Hey guys,

So tragedy struck, and my DJI Mavic now resides at the bottom of a lake, irretrievable! Learned a hard lesson about flying too low to the water that day. Anyways, I want to replace the drone, but now I am stuck with an expensive controller...

Anyone know if it's possible to either:

A) Buy a replacement drone (without the controller) and link it to my existing controller
or
B) Sell the controller, and allow someone else to link it to their drone

I tried going through DJI Support, but they just passed me over to Sales, who of course didn't respond after multiple inquires... Guess they are more interested in seeing if I will purchase a whole new set.

Thanks!

I recently lost mine as well. I had an issue with my battery mod and had to land .5 miles away. Someone decided to pick it up in the 10 minutes it took me to get there.

Anyway, I bought a new one WITH the controller. Now I have 2 controllers which can be used in tandem. I use one controller for modding and the other for the nice compact stock configuration. You can pair one as master and the other as slave. It allows you to fly with another person, both controllers linked to the Mavic at the same time. It's great fun in having the ability to let your friends/family observe and fly while you oversee.

Reactions: mikesmithv
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143