DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repurposed Cases for Controller and Spare Props

joet

Reactions
Not wanting to wait for the slow boat from China with more custom solutions for storing the controller and spare props safely during travel, I decided to "roll my own". Here's what I came up with:

For the controller, a $3.29 item from The Container Store:

Mini Storage Boxes

Large Mini Storage Box w/ Handle Clear
SKU#: 10061054
6-1/2" x 3-3/4" x 3" h

MiniStorageBoxClearLg10061054_x.jpg

I took an idea from a video I saw somewhere and cut the controller portion of the black packaging insert from the Mavic's box, and put it in the container:

Then I put the controller inside. With the top closed, it is just snug enough to not rattle, but not so snug that I'm worried it will pop open or that the controller will get damaged:

For the spare props, an $8 eyeglass case from CVS fit the bill:

It fits four spare props if you dovetail them right:

I am going to take the Mavic on it's first trip next month, and will be packing it with my cameras and lenses in the camera bag, and this makes me feel a lot more comfortable.

Looks like there may still be enough room in the case to include the propeller case. Does it all fit?

If you are asking if the eyeglass case can fit inside the controller case, then no.. It's much too big. There's definitely enough room to put the props in the controller case, and I suppose you could figure out a way to prevent them from banging around, but I didn't explore that option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica