DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Requesting a fly by from Lane County, Oregon, USA!

Sieg

Reactions
Hello Everyone!

New Mavic and first time drone owner here. Just received my Fly More kit last Thursday and have about 50 minutes flight time in so far. Temperatures have been at or below freezing here and the Mavic appears to handle the temperature better than my old fingers on the controls!

My only RC experience has been on the ground with a Traxass E-Maxx RC truck so this has been a challenge. I will say the Mavic is very user friendly from my perspective. I spent a fair amount of time om YouTube prior to ordering in early November and while waiting for delivery which definitely escalated the somewhat complex learning curve. I'm surprised at how easy and user friendly the Mavic is considering it's abilities, which also allow one to get in over their head really fast!

I've been a hobbyist photographer since 1976 and in the last few years have had more time to enjoy the hobby. My video experience is limited beside the use of GoPro's to capture my motorcycle and automotive experiences, so I'm really looking forward to exploring all the opportunities the Mavic creates.

Thanks to the forum environment it's so much easier to learn new interests than ever before in my 58 years.

Some of my hobbyist photography can be seen on Instagram @SDSieg

Looking forward to the new adventure!

Here's my first video attempt:

Last edited:
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Sieg
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Sieg. :)

Welcome Sieg to one of many forums of the Drone Pilots Network. Enjoy your adventures and certainly share them, Many great and knowledgeable members here to help you out!;)

Last edited:
Welcome! Born & raised Eugene, OR here... mine came in the mail this morning but it has been raining all day so I have only activated it so far

Happy Flying

Welcome Seig! Looks like we have several Mavics in the area! Between work and bad weather I only have about 4 hours of flight time.
I can't wait for better weather, my fingers can't take the cold either.
Take care.

Welcome Seig! Looks like we have several Mavics in the area! Between work and bad weather I only have about 4 hours of flight time.
I can't wait for better weather, my fingers can't take the cold either.
Take care.

Thanks Deadeye, looks like we have a local search team!

I actually got to burn two batteries this afternoon which was the most flight time I've had in one session......much needed stick time for sure! The Mavic is a very impressive tool for sure!

Hi Sieg..... welcome to the forum form the east side of the Cascades
Hey skypros,

You're in a target rich environment for filming. Love the beauty of the East Cascades and Central Oregon Desert.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo