Join Us Now

Restrictions coming in?

Michael Ainsworth

Reactions
http://aaus.org.au/resources/Drones Media Statement 10 May 2017.pdf
Pertinent to all you in Australia.
Be aware that changes may be coming in.
Read this link
judND8ris0Xfwa6Q6MUHtGMBYVNcj_2HTsPosSAvqgQ0B671b8Eervboeq1TToRj8QySdZJExmP8a3DOqiLjU779Sot7jwtbrDgHs2nw85FT48W-xP0dLOspLc7ggU7aWAoMBMknnG6dRBf5rpiThkKqV2e9XoDdPx05qtWqDGSXq3X-JIa9XS5ittXwaYAw-kSjZ0rwCtxT9Vf2zE5I0SdwKfWJmZuMCJA5NplYesp1op2RAq-ihML_BKsZyjZ03qSIKFkAYnkCzD0=s0-d-e1-ft

I got this as I am a member in Australian Association of Unmanned Systems

IJ0DWZ_5X3La38rtsi90QyaXjuPU5szibrIwY8CXe4toIXtrDC7M-hjj44prd5wPyWFWNtU9kqtubsfide_cmpHmx8wL5Bjmojz4EGatJFxI3YVfrjPobG26zToOfQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Membership
News

Media Release: Senate Inquiry on Drones
j1wIfRyrvHQL5VgKa8cWWG3pQRfwoI_ioYoyetu7jNvk1w14zLhicO626MijWfeICFnN2IDgD9vRCEJ9f7_YJu54aIkWxtFLvJ49Kw=s0-d-e1-ft

May 10 2017 - The Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee (committee) is currently conducting an inquiry into the regulatory requirements that impact on the safe use of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems, Unmanned Aerial Systems and associated systems (drones).
Today, the committee released a media statement which described recommendations made to the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport, the Hon Darren Chester MP in April to strengthen regulation of drones, particularly surrounding the use of recreational drones.
The recommendations encouraged action in 3 key areas:
  • Safety awareness and training – recreational drone users should have to undergo training and safety awareness before purchasing and using drones;
  • Registration and tracking – the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) should be empowered to track all individual drones, starting with the registration of all drones, regardless of their size or intended use; and
  • Aviation safety – to minimise the potential for collisions between drones and aircraft and to protect controlled airspace and airports, geofencing technology should be introduced for individual drones and/or drone shields should be employed in high traffic areas.
The committee will further consider these and other safety measures, including mandatory flight logging and the display of registration marks, during the course of the inquiry before reporting to the Senate on 6 December 2017.
Read full media statement:
Drones Media Statement 10 May 2017.pdf

Australian Association of Unmanned Systems

Unsubscribe

Reactions: butterflyslicer
So I can fly an unmanned model plane no problems but my drone poses a threat because........
What size drone are they talking about? a mini drone with no camera is still a drone.
I use my mavic in tripod mode to take photos in other words a Virtual tripod supporting a camera
if I attach my mavic to a physical tripod is that ok?
I agree register all drones if you must and fine those caught breaking the law but hey we could be talking about pushbike riders as well..

I have no problem with registration, providing it isn't onerous. The USA FAA method of $5 and an identifying number attached would be acceptable to me. It could also help with lost/found drones.
Tracking is a bit Big Brother-ish.
Mavics already have geofencing technology built in.
Safety and awareness training? That's a whole can of worms. Might be good in principle, but the practice could get messy.

Reactions: quesoburgesa
I see lots of companies suddenly appearing overnight offering their services to train people. Another money grabbing exercise by some entrepreneurs.
As it is I think the cheapest legit training costs about $2950 for your CASA licence.
So would this safety training thing be the entry level to UAVs?
Totally agree about some more formal registration and usage but only if that gives us the ability to formally fly in more places and not less.

I see lots of companies suddenly appearing overnight offering their services to train people. Another money grabbing exercise by some entrepreneurs.
As it is I think the cheapest legit training costs about $2950 for your CASA licence.
So would this safety training thing be the entry level to UAVs?
Totally agree about some more formal registration and usage but only if that gives us the ability to formally fly in more places and not less.

I'm hoping that when CASA releases their own Drone App it'll curtail this quite a bit. Especially if we as the drone community helps to educate other about it. It'll show exactly where you can and cannot fly, and I would assume also include the rules and regulations surrounding drone flying in general.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11