DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home BEEP BEEP BEEP

stealle

Reactions
The return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP is driving me crazy. Is there a way to turn it off? I'd be fine with one beep beep beep as an initial acknowledgement, but I don't need to listen to that for the entire trip home. In the DJI Go App, I went to Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings from there when I scroll to the very bottom I see "Stop ESC beeping" its in blue. When I tap it, it does nothing. I can't find anything else in the settings.

Maybe just fly it back rather than RTH every time?
I don't RTH every time, but I have several times. Once, because I was flying within VLOS until I was blinded by the sun and lost track of it. I was having trouble getting it in the correct direction to fly home manually (I'm still new at this) so I just hit the return to home. When I regained sight of the Mavic, I think I was more relieved I could turn that bleeping thing off than I was to actually recover the Mavic. I have also done it a few times because I enjoy testing out the precision landing it's a feature they taught so I think I should be able to use that feature without having to listen to all that beeping, no? Am I way off here for thinking there should be an option to disable that?

Reactions: WAXMAN and Loz
The return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP is driving me crazy. Is there a way to turn it off? I'd be fine with one beep beep beep as an initial acknowledgement, but I don't need to listen to that for the entire trip home. In the DJI Go App, I went to Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings from there when I scroll to the very bottom I see "Stop ESC beeping" its in blue. When I tap it, it does nothing. I can't find anything else in the settings.

I agree it's obnoxious as hell. Flying a drone attracts enough onlookers without having the thing beeping like you've got a ticking time bomb. It maybe a good way to clear the area but it also attracts a lot of unwanted attention. A volume control would be greatly appreciated.

Bump. This is so f'ing obnoxious. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

**throws controller into the ground**

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You forgot **stomps controller into dust**!!

Apparently.

I saw where a guy on YouTube took the controller apart and replaced the beep speaker with an LED. I don't think I'll have the balls to do that for a few months (at least until controllers are available in case I destroy something) but sooner or later I'm going to end up removing it on mine if they don't offer a software solution

I'd use RTH a bit more if it didn't hurt my ears

Reactions: Up & Adam
I'm glad there are some other people that despise it as much as me. Is there a way to do a feature request? I'm sure someone already has. I mean... if you are going to take your controller apart you might just ask for the option first. Anyway, if enough people ask for it, they might listen. It should be an easy thing for then to update.

Reactions: Loz
I don't RTH every time, but I have several times. Once, because I was flying within VLOS until I was blinded by the sun and lost track of it. I was having trouble getting it in the correct direction to fly home manually (I'm still new at this) so I just hit the return to home. When I regained sight of the Mavic, I think I was more relieved I could turn that bleeping thing off than I was to actually recover the Mavic. I have also done it a few times because I enjoy testing out the precision landing it's a feature they taught so I think I should be able to use that feature without having to listen to all that beeping, no? Am I way off here for thinking there should be an option to disable that?

Remember that your map shows the orientation of your Mavic, so in the future you can use that to guide it back to you.

Reactions: Apocalypso
If someone does start a thread on DJI forum please post a link to it

Reactions: Loz
Yeah it does my head in too.. Hopefully the guys who are cracking the firmware can make a software fix for it

You can reduce the beep sound volume by simply putting a resistor in serial with the buzzer. I don't know of how many ohms but it's easy to try. (I'm still waiting my Mavic) And your controller will still look unmodded.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000