DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to home power?

Flymetothemoon

Reactions
Hi guys
I was out before, about 60m altitude and about 300m distance from take off point. All of a sudden the wind speed picked up and I quickly saw that I was blown way of the course I was following so turned nose in and went full stcik forward to come back. I was macking 2km/hy but distance going up, so pretty sure I was being blown backwards!

I pressed return to home, and after a moment, started macking 5-7km/hr progress home.

My question is whether RTH uses the same kind of power only available in sport mode to get home?

Thanks!

Hi guys
I was out before, about 60m altitude and about 300m distance from take off point. All of a sudden the wind speed picked up and I quickly saw that I was blown way of the course I was following so turned nose in and went full stcik forward to come back. I was macking 2km/hy but distance going up, so pretty sure I was being blown backwards!

I pressed return to home, and after a moment, started macking 5-7km/hr progress home.

My question is whether RTH uses the same kind of power only available in sport mode to get home?

Thanks!

Use sport mode if that happens again , you will have enough power to overcome a 30 MPH wind, way more power!

Hi guys

Thanks!

If your mavic was caught in a cross wind, the progress directly forward(towards you) could have been pushed off to the side(in the direction of the wind). This could have given you an increasing distance from HP. RTH is slow as it’s supposed to be efficient.

Sport mode is the way forward in these situations. With 42 MPH speed you can overcome any wind gusts below that speed(in precisely the opposite direction).

Glad this didn’t turn nasty for you[emoji106]

Niall

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929