DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

| Return to Home Test | What happens if the MAVIC PRO controller shuts down in Flight?

I think any "what if" you can think of and actually do would be very well watched videos. We all wonder and your last video put that question to rest.
Oh, ok. I think I have a couple I ideas could try. Thanks for your input.

What if you lose app or controller when line of sight is lost, will RTH work the same?
Sounds like a great idea, I will do that next video! Do you have a youtube channel I can plug for the idea?

Sounds like a great idea, I will do that next video! Do you have a youtube channel I can plug for the idea?
Thanks but I do not. My first thoughts were today which is why I'm suggesting the vid. I'm really scared to go past where I can see it

I guess if you activate the all the "precision measures" of the mp it will return where took off

Thanks but I do not. My first thoughts were today which is why I'm suggesting the vid. I'm really scared to go past where I can see it
No worries, I actually had an event happen where someone called me while I was flying and knocked me out of Litchi APP (DJI APP Alternative...... Kinda don't recommend). I was able to recover and I will be more than happy to make a video walking through the process. Although, not knowing your countries law flying out of the line of sight mat not be the best idea. It's all about what you're comfortable with and what the laws say.

Reactions: Budmancan
No worries, I actually had an event happen where someone called me while I was flying and knocked me out of Litchi APP (DJI APP Alternative...... Kinda don't recommend). I was able to recover and I will be more than happy to make a video walking through the process. Although, not knowing your countries law flying out of the line of sight mat not be the best idea. It's all about what you're comfortable with and what the laws say.
I just looked at your profile, I'm just over an hour south of you, in Calera!

Reactions: JoeCec
That video is dangerously incomplete/misleading.
The Mavic won't just come back when you turn the radio off - it will do what's set up in the app. That indeed may be coming back (and is by default), but not even mentioning the setting and the need to check what it's configured to do is stupid.

That video is dangerously incomplete/misleading.
The Mavic won't just come back when you turn the radio off - it will do what's set up in the app. That indeed may be coming back (and is by default), but not even mentioning the setting and the need to check what it's configured to do is stupid.
Good thing there's always next video. Thanks for your input.

The setting mentioned is the action setting of lost connection. This can be found in the same menu as the RTH settings, just scroll down 'till you see the Advanced settings tab and select it. In the Advanced Settings menu there will be text asking what you would like the drone to do if connection is lost. There will be a drop down menu and in that menu there will be 3 selections, Return to home -- Landing -- Hover -- At this point choose what you would like the Mavic to do.

Reactions: invaliduser
Thanks for that very interesting video.
I too would be very interested in knowing what the Mavic will do IF you are out of visual contact AND moving at some mid point speed rather than already hovering, when all connection is lost.
Thanks again

I too would be very interested in knowing what the Mavic will do IF you are out of visual contact AND moving at some mid point speed rather than already hovering, when all connection is lost.
It'll do the same thing it does when you let go of the sticks. RTH will be initiated 3 seconds after that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000