DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home

MiniGuy

Reactions
I have a question for you veteran pilots. In going thru the Go 4 app, it seems you have 2 choices. One is setting the return altitude or return on the same path as you flew. If you switch to fly the same path, do you have to set the altitude differently. I'm a bit confused by it. For what I am mostly using my Mavic for, I would prefer to have it return on the same path. Thanks. This site has been really helpful in getting me going in the right direction for good flying.

There is no option for the Mavic to RTH following the same path you flew, if a Return to Home is initiated (Smart, Low Battery, or Failsafe) it will fly up to the return altitude you set; this is why it is key on your pre-flight check list to look at this setting. There are a few options for 'Smart Return', using the sensors, and what to do if an obstacle is encountered.

There are also home point settings that are a little 'hidden'. Swipe left from the camera view will bring up options to set your home point to the Mavic, or to You (note: the controller does not have GPS, and relies on your phone/tablet for this feature).

Search through the PDF manual for "Home Point" and "RTH" to find all the relevant settings and explanations!

Hope that helped. Happy flying

I have a question . When you set the return to home altitude why doesn’t it stay set it goes back to zero ? Is there a way of setting it and locking it? And does anybody know where I can order the tiny little led lens cover that goes over the LED lights on the arms of the drone and a replacement foot or leg. Left front arm.
Mavic pro platinum

Last edited:
I have a question . When you set the return to home altitude why doesn’t it stay set it goes back to zero ?
It should only show 0 if you open DJI GO while it's not connected to your Mavic. That setting is stored on your Mavic, so your Mavic will need to be connected to DJI GO so the setting can be retrieved.

I actually have had good luck when out really far by just shutting off the controller for 30 seconds. It has always rth for me perfectly

It should only show 0 if you open DJI GO while it's not connected to your Mavic. That setting is stored on your Mavic, so your Mavic will need to be connected to DJI GO so the setting can be retrieved.

Thanks I will just have to double check my settings before take off because I stet it for 40 m return to Home and it went up to like 256 + feet up to return to home and I thought hay that’s not right. I’m going to make a pre flight check list.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54