DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to home

SRJ_Mavic_PRO

Reactions
Mavic newbie, second day. I have a P4P and don't have this issue...

Every flight I did today when I hit the RTH button either on the controller or in the GO App it would come back, find the target from above then say "landing" but when it gets to about three feet I get a "unsafe to land" message and tell me to take the controls and land. What is different with the Mav vs the P4P?

Thanks,
Stephen

On takeoff, did you pause at 30' or so to let the precision landing system get a chance to 'map' the spot? And please describe the ground surface that you were landing on.

Yea just like with the P4P I waited until it told me the Home point was located, check it on the map then waited again after hovering at 25 feet. It said RTH and then landing and all the normal stuff. I was using the same landing pad I always use. Was away from everything, car etc.

Were you in the picture at 30 feet? If you were, and you moved, this could trip it up. I have found that your shadow can also mess it up.

Went back out to a different spot and sure enough the first RTH it stopped saying unsafe to land. So I landed it then took off from a different spot without the landing pad. **** if it didn't RTH just fine!! So I flipped over the landing pad to the side with no design and boom!! It RTH just fine! Must not like the design for some reason. Weird because it's big brother the P4P has no issues. That big X Mavic doesn't like. But anyway that POS landing pad it getting returned Monday, less than two weeks and it already has holes and tears.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b78.jpg

Reactions: GreatScott
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters