DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Me

Bigpoppapump

Reactions
I've tried several locations and both methods of telling the mavic to return to me after moving away from the original launch point. Today's failure, like all the others, said not enough gps signal. I had 15 satellites and 5 bars (max) of signal strength. I'm sure it's me but I'm dumbfounded as to why I fail.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Check out your flights log and see if they reveal what happened.

I haven't checked as to how the Mavic returns to "You" but two of my past drones used the controller signal to home in to , not GPS .

The DJI GO app uses the mobile device's GPS data when resetting the home point to the mobile device's current location.

The DJI GO app uses the mobile device's GPS data when resetting the home point to the mobile device's current location.

Makes sense . Maybe I should keep GPS activated on my phone when I fly ,lol. I've never used the return to me function though .

I've tried several locations and both methods of telling the mavic to return to me after moving away from the original launch point. Today's failure, like all the others, said not enough gps signal. I had 15 satellites and 5 bars (max) of signal strength. I'm sure it's me but I'm dumbfounded as to why I fail.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
What device are you using?
Is it a wifi/gps capable device? Or just wifi?

Makes sense . Maybe I should keep GPS activated on my phone when I fly ,lol. I've never used the return to me function though .
The drone records a "home" position when it takes off with it's own internal GPS, doesn't matter if your phone has GPS enabled or not

The drone records a "home" position when it takes off with it's own internal GPS, doesn't matter if your phone has GPS enabled or not

It can't record a gps for the return to me function as it would have no idea of where I would be when I wanted it to return to "ME".

Reactions: IADRN43

I think you should read the original message more carefully.
Sounds like an issue with your phone updating its gps data to the go app.
You dont have the gps turned off to save power or anything like that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000