Join Us Now

Review from regular/actual user on B&H.

MavicKhan

Reactions
Food for thought...

DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo CP.PT.000642 B&H Photo Video

Well, it looked good on the Internet.

By Rick

Just a few minor issues: Preordered the fly more package the 27th of September and received on 10/19 (New York, North-Atlantic and Mid-Atlantic shipments have begun moving forward) I received the drone and had fully charged all three batteries for a nice Day of flight testing. One thing I noticed was how ridiculously fast the battery drained when using the phone screen attachment for the R/C, flight goes from 25 minutes to barely 6 minutes of time. Before you even get a nice rhythm of flying, the drone is already on autopilot towards your location for a new juice pack. This happened on all 3 batteries. (Constant Winds of 3-6 mph had occurred so maybe that had to do with it)

Next, the flight capability. The obstacle avoidance system does not work as well as I had hoped. I was recording my son and his friends playing basketball and the drone took a straight path towards the backboard of a hoop, which was a bit amusing considering it was the only obstruction for almost 100 yards. (Perhaps the setting was off, but it avoided a water fountain and a light post just fine. Of course after 8 minutes the battery died anyway so it wouldn't hit anything else)

Follow mode won't work unless the sun is directly on you, or a well lit area. I tested the feature just by walking through shady tree areas, the drone would either stop where it is and hover, or just land. Also note that in follow mode, the battery lasts for about 4 minutes if winds are sustained higher than 3mph.

The build qulity is absolutely great, fits into almost any compact size bag you stuff it in. And it is a very nice design, easily the best looking drone on the market. Gone forever are the ugly bulging transmitters as well. When flown indoors, the battery can last a little longer, about 13 minutes.

Camera quality is excellent, enough to get the job done for about 94% of its demographic.

Pros: excellent camera, nice design, very compact

Cons: Buy about 10 more batteries.

MK

How would attaching your phone to the remote controller affect flight time? Seems like this person has got to be doing something wrong.

B&H has been closed for the holidays this past week and has not shipped any orders. On top of that I highly doubt anyone actually got their hands on a fly more combo!

Sorry, but this is fake.

Reactions: AgentBB007
The phone would get its power from the battery on the controller if it did indeed get power from it.
The Tablet for the Inspire does not get any juice from the controller.
The phone would not drain the Mavic battery at all.
You are just looking for attention!

Agreed! I've seen other videos where the R/C does not charge the phone so I'm not sure how that would drain the battery on the controller

So this guy had his Fly More package in hand to test on October 19th, when DJI didn't announced they had begun shipping them until October 21st & DJI still doesn't seem to have shipped any Fly More packages? Also not one of the reviewers testing pre-production units would have noticed or mentioned the Mavic was only achieving 6 minutes of flight time? I'm not buying this review.

Food for thought...

DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo CP.PT.000642 B&H Photo Video

Well, it looked good on the Internet.

By Rick

Just a few minor issues: Preordered the fly more package the 27th of September and received on 10/19 (New York, North-Atlantic and Mid-Atlantic shipments have begun moving forward) I received the drone and had fully charged all three batteries for a nice Day of flight testing. One thing I noticed was how ridiculously fast the battery drained when using the phone screen attachment for the R/C, flight goes from 25 minutes to barely 6 minutes of time. Before you even get a nice rhythm of flying, the drone is already on autopilot towards your location for a new juice pack. This happened on all 3 batteries. (Constant Winds of 3-6 mph had occurred so maybe that had to do with it)

Next, the flight capability. The obstacle avoidance system does not work as well as I had hoped. I was recording my son and his friends playing basketball and the drone took a straight path towards the backboard of a hoop, which was a bit amusing considering it was the only obstruction for almost 100 yards. (Perhaps the setting was off, but it avoided a water fountain and a light post just fine. Of course after 8 minutes the battery died anyway so it wouldn't hit anything else)

Follow mode won't work unless the sun is directly on you, or a well lit area. I tested the feature just by walking through shady tree areas, the drone would either stop where it is and hover, or just land. Also note that in follow mode, the battery lasts for about 4 minutes if winds are sustained higher than 3mph.

The build qulity is absolutely great, fits into almost any compact size bag you stuff it in. And it is a very nice design, easily the best looking drone on the market. Gone forever are the ugly bulging transmitters as well. When flown indoors, the battery can last a little longer, about 13 minutes.

Camera quality is excellent, enough to get the job done for about 94% of its demographic.

Pros: excellent camera, nice design, very compact

Cons: Buy about 10 more batteries.

MK

I don't believe this for a second. Check out around the minute 24 mark of Tom's Tech Time Review:

He recorded average flight times of 21:38.

I don't buy it. Did he forget to charge the batteries out of the box? Lol

Lol.. funny article.. looks like someone having fun.. be more fun when they track down his IP and then sue him for a fake review

From B&H's web site: "
B&H will be closed starting at 1pm ET Sun, Oct 16 through Tues, Oct 25.

We will reopen at 9am Wed, Oct 26."

I guess he broke into the shipping dock where all their stock is located and found his order. OR the review is fake...

Reactions: thefrisbee995
L
From B&H's web site: "
B&H will be closed starting at 1pm ET Sun, Oct 16 through Tues, Oct 25.

We will reopen at 9am Wed, Oct 26."

I guess he broke into the shipping dock where all their stock is located and found his order. OR the review is fake...

The closing schedule would also explain why no one has taken the "review" down.

MK

It always bugs me when people "review" products they do not own or have never even seen or touched in real life. Amazon has had a couple reviews on the Mavic that are obvious BS. The retailers should at the very least lock down the reviews on pre-orders until after the product starts to ship.

Reactions: dam

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato