DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Review of the MavMount and Hoodman For the DJI Mavic Pro

Good job Canes76! Nice MavMount / Hoodman / iPad review. I have the same setup except I have a 9.7" iPad Pro with wifi and cell service.
Sometimes bigger is better for "old tired eyes like mine".
PS: For everyone that watches this, when you put your face all the way up to the Hoodman it shuts out all the sunlight and looks like you are in a movie theater and is perfectly clear.

It really works well and lets you focus on what you are trying to either photo or video... I switch the Hoodman between the Mvic and my P4P...

Reactions: Canes76
I got my mavmount two days after I ordered. Great item and well worth the price. Haven't been able to find a shorter lightning cord yet.

Reactions: Aerial West
Good job Canes76! Nice MavMount / Hoodman / iPad review. I have the same setup except I have a 9.7" iPad Pro with wifi and cell service.
Sometimes bigger is better for "old tired eyes like mine".
PS: For everyone that watches this, when you put your face all the way up to the Hoodman it shuts out all the sunlight and looks like you are in a movie theater and is perfectly clear.

Thanks Rocky! It is an awesome setup!

Reactions: Aerial West
Awesome! I have the same setup and was looking for a good sun shade! I will buy now just because of what you have showed us! Thanks for the review and making me spend more money haha [emoji1360]

I also have the iPad air with mavmount and have been struggling with glare. Probably going to go with same setup but Im wondering how important is the extension. Does it work all right without it?

Awesome! I have the same setup and was looking for a good sun shade! I will buy now just because of what you have showed us! Thanks for the review and making me spend more money haha [emoji1360]
HAHAHAHA - sorry? LOL its a good investment!

I also have the iPad air with mavmount and have been struggling with glare. Probably going to go with same setup but Im wondering how important is the extension. Does it work all right without it?

So, to be honest, I have not used the extension yet. But, I did buy it just in case and I plan on trying it out soon

I picked up the same setup with a coiled right angle cord and an OptiTech stretchy neckstrap. The whole setup (Mavic, Fly More set [less car charger and hub], Airpad2, MavMount, Hoodman, Marco Polo Tracker, landing gear, PolarPro Vivid set, gimbal shade, an Anker Cover/keyboard to protect the iPad in-transit, and an allen wrench to break down the MavMount somewhat) all fit into the Koozam hard foam backpack perfectly. It's a little heavy with all that but it's everything I would carry around in the car or on short treks.

I'll use the Mavic bag and my iPhone 6+ when I go on overnight backpacking trips.

Thanks for the review.

Last edited:
Been using exact setup works well but reaching into and adjusting settings is a real pain. Has bottom access fabric that's stretched tight but has a slit in it you slip your hand through to touch the screen.
Would rather have a bottom door that Velcro shut that would hinge open. Might even do a diy thing it's so clumsy.

I picked up the same setup with a coiled right angle cord and an OptiTech stretchy neckstrap. The whole setup (Mavic, Fly More set [less car charger and hub], Airpad2, MavMount, Hoodman, Marco Polo Tracker, landing gear, PolarPro Vivid set, gimbal shade, an Anker Cover/keyboard to protect the iPad in-transit, and an allen wrench to break down the MavMount somewhat) all fit into the Koozam hard foam backpack perfectly. It's a little heavy with all that but it's everything I would carry around in the car or on short treks.

I'll use the Mavic bag and my iPhone 6+ when I go on overnight backpacking trips.

Thanks for the review.

You are welcome! You have a lot of gear, that is awesome!

Been using exact setup works well but reaching into and adjusting settings is a real pain. Has bottom access fabric that's stretched tight but has a slit in it you slip your hand through to touch the screen.
Would rather have a bottom door that Velcro shut that would hinge open. Might even do a diy thing it's so clumsy.

I can see that, but really has not bothered me yet...the other day I had to change the settings in the camera before I took off. I agree, a velcro hinge on the bottom would be wonderful!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007