DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reviewing video settings after the fact

Chris J

Reactions
I'm planning a backpacking trip in the next few weeks that will take me up into the PNW alpine wilderness where there is currently a lot of snow. Since a pretty good sized snow storm just came through Seattle, I've been taking this opportunity to take some sample videos around the house to try and narrow down what my video settings need to be while I'm on my trip.

What I've found is that I'm too dumb to remember which videos were shot with what settings (ISO, shutter speed, etc). Is there anyway to tell how the mavic was set up for a particular video, whether it be on my computer or my mobile device?

I'm planning a backpacking trip in the next few weeks that will take me up into the PNW alpine wilderness where there is currently a lot of snow. Since a pretty good sized snow storm just came through Seattle, I've been taking this opportunity to take some sample videos around the house to try and narrow down what my video settings need to be while I'm on my trip.

What I've found is that I'm too dumb to remember which videos were shot with what settings (ISO, shutter speed, etc). Is there anyway to tell how the mavic was set up for a particular video, whether it be on my computer or my mobile device?
For photos, it might be saved in the metadata of the photo, not sure about videos though.

Photo's absolutely do contain the information in the MetaData and an Exif viewer would be needed to determine the settings used for photos.

Video I am unsure on as well.

This is what I was afraid of. Makes it tough to retake several shots at the same time with different settings to compare them later on the computer.

This is what I was afraid of. Makes it tough to retake several shots at the same time with different settings to compare them later on the computer.

Well yes and no. You could take all videos (lets say in 4K 30 fps with your White Balance and ISO, etc dialed in) then on the SD card the DJI GO 4 app will name the videos sequentially. For instance DJI001 , DJI002, etc. Start with an empty Micro SD card .
Then when you change the resolution and ISO, White Balance etc. Just right down how many videos were taken with the previous settings. For instance 3 videos. So DJI004 would be with changed settings and so forth.
Just take a small Field Notes style log book to record this information.
OR the really labor intensive way. Remove the Micro SD card after every video and rename it to reflect the settings by popping it into a portable laptop or device. Then rename the file to reflect the settings.
i.e. ISO_100_WB_Outdoor_4K_30fps.mp4 Then put the card back in the Mavic Pro and repeat.

Yeah, I know I can write it all down but I just wanted there to be an easier way. Appreciate the input though, and I'm sure that's what I'll end up doing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser