DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ribbon cable

jerry1891

Reactions
has anyone changed the ribbon cable on mavic pro gimbal,and how tuff was it ? on scale 1 to 10

Check out the following video for the steps involved:

Reactions: WizDrone
has anyone changed the ribbon cable on mavic pro gimbal,and how tuff was it ? on scale 1 to 10
Well got new ribbon cable today and replaced, the old cable wasn't torn anywhere, but the one connector had pin damage. So the gimbal control is back to normal. The whole process took about 1.5 hours. And not to much cussing. Would do again, and probably much quicker.

I've replaced my ribbon, waiting to get the L-bracket that is the rear stopper for the vibration absorbing board. Did you do anything to re-glue down the ribbon connectors? removed 'glue' taking the old one off, but I haven't replaced any. Didn't know what kind or even if necessary.

I did not re-glue. There was enough of the liquid electrical tape remaining to hold things in place when I press fitted the new connectors. The trickiest part of this entire installation is getting the ribbon to bend / fold in key areas so that it does not inhibit the range of motion of the gimbal. My suggestion to anyone doing this is to take a long time to analyze how the ribbon is positioned and how it moves when the gimbal is up, down, side to side etc. I had to actually take mine apart a second time and re-position the ribbon so it would not interfere with the gimbal movement. If the Mavic senses any resistance when starting up (gimbal going through it's various positions, it will throw the gimbal overload message).

Took whole gimbal apart but having a lot of trouble running the new ribbon cable through the correct way. Any advice ?

I've had it 7 months, no crashes, no hard landings, very view flights. I tried replacing it coz it only has 6 month warranty!! Don't bother, big job, and still didn't fix it!! Send it back to DJI. Cost me $177 in OZ. Melbourne. DJI will make more money out of repairing Mavics than they have selling em!!

Reactions: Motamimi
I've had it 7 months, no crashes, no hard landings, very view flights. I tried replacing it coz it only has 6 month warranty!! Don't bother, big job, and still didn't fix it!! Send it back to DJI. Cost me $177 in OZ. Melbourne. DJI will make more money out of repairing Mavics than they have selling em!!
Same problem had mine 3 months never crashed or nothing so mad

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme