DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Riddle Me This - SD Card Rewriting my written files is this write

FreshFlyTV

Reactions
484ce0285e7fd4cd145a49c529308e34.jpg

I have been using this card seems to work fine yesterday I didn't format it but deleted all the files off of it and then emptied my trash(mac users) then ejected popped in mavic! Today I maybe recorded somewhere around 35 videos today but for some reason there are only 24? None of my flights from the first half of my day are on the card? My cache has been full all day as well on my phone so they aren't in there!? Is this a cache problem must I delete those or else it will rewrite over older files?? Anyone know

I have been using this card seems to work fine yesterday I didn't format it but deleted all the files off of it and then emptied my trash(mac users) then ejected popped in mavic! Today I maybe recorded somewhere around 35 videos today but for some reason there are only 24? None of my flights from the first half of my day are on the card? My cache has been full all day as well on my phone so they aren't in there!? Is this a cache problem must I delete those or else it will rewrite over older files?? Anyone know

Formatting (instead of deleting) is a more complete way of clearing old files from your card and can reduce the risk of data corruption.
You should always format your memory card in your camera and not on your computer. If you use your computer to format your cards, there’s a chance your camera may not be able to read the file structure properly.

Regarding the Cache, if you have enabled 'Clear Cache Automatically', then the older files will be overwritten once it has reached the specified limit. If its not enabled, it will automatically stop when cache is full (which seems to be your case).

Formatting (instead of deleting) is a more complete way of clearing old files from your card and can reduce the risk of data corruption.
You should always format your memory card in your camera and not on your computer. If you use your computer to format your cards, there’s a chance your camera may not be able to read the file structure properly.

Regarding the Cache, if you have enabled 'Clear Cache Automatically', then the older files will be overwritten once it has reached the specified limit. If its not enabled, it will automatically stop when cache is full (which seems to be your case).

So yeah I understand what you are saying I will do that from here on out but the weird thing is in my album via dji go app there are 7 videos from my flights same day in the morning but they are not on my card and I never took it out or anything until the end luckily my epic shots were at night but still had some real nice ones early on too

So yeah I understand what you are saying I will do that from here on out but the weird thing is in my album via dji go app there are 7 videos from my flights same day in the morning but they are not on my card and I never took it out or anything until the end luckily my epic shots were at night but still had some real nice ones early on too

I can't comment much on the videos missing from the SD card, as I'm not sure what might have gone wrong. But I would like to think that Mavic should had at least given you a card error if there was something wrong at the time of recording, strange.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake