DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Right stick showing movement when centre. Causing drifting

Jenkins

Reactions
Hello. I hope I can get some help here. My right stick is constantly regstering as around 3 to the right when it is not being touched. This is causing a constant drift to the right. Making flying bery frustating. (Links to pics attached).

All I want to do is tell the controller there is no input and reset values to zero. Is this possible?

Things I have done:
Controller calibration - countless time
IMU calibration
Refreshed firmware on controller and Mavic through assistant. Also, reset Mavic to factory settings.
I CANNOT reset controller to factory settings. It always comes up as failed. I have no idea why or if this would help.

Running latest firmware but was also doing this on 600 which I stuck with as had no problems. It started doing it on 600 so I upgraded to see if it would help. It didn't.

I have refresh but don't want to send it back as I'm going on a month long trip to Thailand in a month and I know I probably wouldn't get it back in time. The holiday is the main reason I bought it. If this is a hardware fault I may bite the bullet and buy another controller.

I have been so lucky with this Mavic and now this happens...

Any help much appreciated

Pics of errant readings https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPG-4lCHXEaIiDzJZ7ZSpGoVaAVfCfr-2LGRz0b3rKyDBNyqqRC2iO4mUAjXfolIQ?key=LVZqZm1jaTU2SVBaMnl1bXhpYzl0bDloSTlXVm13

You might want to try turning your laptop 180 degree's. I've seen posts showing magnetic interference from the laptop causing this problem.

You might want to try turning your laptop 180 degree's. I've seen posts showing magnetic interference from the laptop causing this problem.
For doing the factory reset on the controller? I have a 3m USB cable so I'll give it a go. Thanks.
Have you tried recalibrating the sticks
Yeah, loads of times. I don't know whether it's just me but it is a very clunky process.

Wow, I have exactly the same problem but with Mavic 2 PRO - drift to right with no tuch the stick. Also calibrate all few times - RC - and all drone sensors. It is not magnetic interference - on completely difference place behavior is the same - drift to right like a stick in on around 3-5perecent right.
Any idea or/and help ?

Last edited:
You haven’t mentioned which tablet you are using with the remote. Some iPad mini’s have magnets along one side for attaching a stylus. These magnets can upset the hall sensors that are used for the sticks. Try turning the tablet 180 degrees to move possible magnets further away. Magnetic interference from the location you are flying is not what we are talking about this time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots