DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rookie questions

aquilotti1

Reactions
Since I'm just sitting around waiting for my Mavic to shiPhone I have a few rookie questions so once I get it I'll be ready....thanks

1)How does the auto focus work? Do i have to keep auto focusing throughout the flight or just before I start recording or taking a picture?

2) I'm an old P4 owner and I always had very bad range issues. Main reason I switched to the Mavic. Better range?

3) i own a motorcycle and would love to do a auto track video on it? What's the fastest I can go?

4)what's the maximum size of memory card can the Mavic take 64 or 128?

5) i will use a galaxy s7 for my screen. Will it fit with no problem? Wires hanging out, too big etc.

6) is there a website that shows their drone laws in different countries?

Thanks

Reactions: alexanderguelph
Since I'm just sitting around waiting for my Mavic to shiPhone I have a few rookie questions so once I get it I'll be ready....thanks

1)How does the auto focus work? Do i have to keep auto focusing throughout the flight or just before I start recording or taking a picture?

2) I'm an old P4 owner and I always had very bad range issues. Main reason I switched to the Mavic. Better range?

3) i own a motorcycle and would love to do a auto track video on it? What's the fastest I can go?

4)what's the maximum size of memory card can the Mavic take 64 or 128?

5) i will use a galaxy s7 for my screen. Will it fit with no problem? Wires hanging out, too big etc.

6) is there a website that shows their drone laws in different countries?

Thanks

Hi,

1) with the last update it autofocus when you hit record, you can disable it and do the focusing on your own also

2)it does have better range or at least better QUALITY range.

3) 40mph according to DJI, I've done some at a normal city cruising speed and it handled it like a boss

4) according to DJI is 64Gb but I've read around here that someone tried 128 and it worked, I can't confirm it!

5) i can't help you on this one I'm an IOS user sorry!

Yes I use Galaxy s7 edge and have had no problems what so ever .
App opens by itself so don't have to struggle with buttons on phone . The only thing I've noticed, I'm a bit OCD and like it all neat so I place phone as tight to the bottom of RC as possible but then I can't press the settings tab . So I always place with a slight gap between RC and phone , only about 5 mm .
It works fantastic but want a bigger screen , I'm going to wait for the new release of DJI screen which I'm sure they will need to release there own mount as it won't be a standard fit .
I'm trying to avoid buying a mount till then but if it takes too long I'm sure I'll update to a larger tab .
The other thing to remember is android seams always behind OSI on updates but I hate apple , I might break my self induced ban on Apple products as my drone enjoyment will take priority.
I'm new to all this and am enjoying taking my time learning rather than rushing in . Still not been out of beginner mode yet.
You tube videos excellent but manual very important .
New technology and my number one tip , never never calibrate anything unless asked too . Nearly all problems are due to compass calibrations .
Also small things like manual tells you to always undo props , nearly all videos say leave them, I know it's small but read manual . Also fly with clear dome on unless you intend to video or take photos it will save your gimbal from being ripped of by a branch . I fly with it on while working out my flight path then remove it .
All the best and sorry for ranting on and on

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi,

1) with the last update it autofocus when you hit record, you can disable it and do the focusing on your own also

2)it does have better range or at least better QUALITY range.

3) 40mph according to DJI, I've done some at a normal city cruising speed and it handled it like a boss

4) according to DJI is 64Gb but I've read around here that someone tried 128 and it worked, I can't confirm it!

5) i can't help you on this one I'm an IOS user sorry!
Thanks

I have a rookie question as well, I flew yesterday and recorded a video. During the flight I noticed some jerkyness in the camera. It was not smooth and it translated to the video footage when I downloaded it. I posted it on YouTube and this is the link for the video.

I was using the original DJI app and not the DJI 4.0. What could be the problem. I never expierenced this with my phantom 3. Any help would be appreciated??

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser