DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH and Compass Calibration

Mylordsmythe

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic pilots!! I'm new to this forum but have been on the Phantom and Inspire forums for a couple of years. I must say after having a couple of P3P's and still an owner of an Inspire 1v2 I have been blown away by the MAVIC PRO. Its awesome and am so pleased I finally got my hands on one!!
Couple of Q's if you don't mind! Firstly I've recently been flying around some high ground and had a small thinks bubble about the RTH heights. I was operating at about 800' from the take off location but only 100' AGL as it was up the side of a hill. If I were to lose signal what would the Mavic do? Descend to my programmed RTH height, thus probably crashing or ascend to the RTH height above its present position? Thoughts please!!
Secondly how often does a compass calibration need to happen? Before each flight even if its in the same position or otherwise, ideas and experiences welcome!
Thank you very much.

If I were to lose signal what would the Mavic do? Descend to my programmed RTH height, thus probably crashing or ascend to the RTH height above its present position?
The Mavic will never descend before returning home when RTH is initiated. If the current altitude is below the RTH altitude, it'll ascend to the RTH altitude and then return home. If the current altitude is above the RTH altitude, it'll return home at the current altitude.

how often does a compass calibration need to happen?
Check out the best practices in the Compass Calibration Guide.

The Mavic will never descend before returning home when RTH is initiated. If the current altitude is below the RTH altitude, it'll ascend to the RTH altitude and then return home. If the current altitude is above the RTH altitude, it'll return home at the current altitude.

Check out the best practices in the Compass Calibration Guide.

Thank you very much, great info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000