DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH failure

View attachment 14337
Here you go.The left icon is for Mavic position on take off.The right icon is for controller for home point.I would start up props and press the desired option and you should get a notification

So, the 'home point settings' can be either where the drone takes off from or where the controller is, correct? If I have it set to where the controller is, will it still come home if the go 4 app crashed or disconnected? cuz mine's been doing that alot. Is it the controller it comes back to, or the phone? or does the drone know where the last position of the controller/phone was prior to the app crashing? I just want to make sure the drone comes back to where it took off from if the app crashes when it's out of sight.

So, the 'home point settings' can be either where the drone takes off from or where the controller is, correct? If I have it set to where the controller is, will it still come home if the go 4 app crashed or disconnected? cuz mine's been doing that alot. Is it the controller it comes back to, or the phone? or does the drone know where the last position of the controller/phone was prior to the app crashing? I just want to make sure the drone comes back to where it took off from if the app crashes when it's out of sight.
every time you move from one place to the next you have to re enter a new home point for the controller in the same way in settings.

the RC even when set to controller will always go to last recorded point.

when you move from one spot to next then just re set the controller home point

Reactions: chervas
If this occurs during a legit RTH activation and not just a senior moment hitting the auto land button instead; I noticed nobody mentioned the OP was possibly too close to the recorded home point when RTH was kicked on.

I can't recall the exact distance at this moment, but if you are closer to the recorded home point than this magical number I can't remember, hitting RTH will simply auto land where it sits instead of rising and traveling the short distance back.

If this occurs during a legit RTH activation and not just a senior moment hitting the auto land button instead; I noticed nobody mentioned the OP was possibly too close to the recorded home point when RTH was kicked on.

I can't recall the exact distance at this moment, but if you are closer to the recorded home point than this magical number I can't remember, hitting RTH will simply auto land where it sits instead of rising and traveling the short distance back.

Op was 100 metres out.

It has been well documented that whatever you set, it rarely will land exacly where you took off.... I make sure my take off area has a clear 12ft radius... It usually will land (if RTH is activated) about 3ft away from take off point.

It has been well documented that whatever you set, it rarely will land exacly where you took off.... I make sure my take off area has a clear 12ft radius... It usually will land (if RTH is activated) about 3ft away from take off point.

I've tested it and if you use the precision launch it usually lands within 1 INCH of where it took off. The furthest away I've seen is about 4 inches.

Precision landing works flawlessly unless there it is do dark.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest