DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH landing question in beginner mode

dkcamer

Reactions
Trying to figure out why my Mavic always lands an average of 10 feet sometimes more from its take off spot i'm in a grassy area but I'm using a landing pad and I can never make it back on that landing pad if I let it auto land. As I said I'm in beginner mode did a successful compass calibration I think 15 satellites locked i'm flying the max distance that beginner mode allows but for some reason a RTH landing always misses the mark any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

When taking off, are you ascending at least 33 feet directly above the take off point? Are you doing this during daylight conditions so your Mavic is able to detect the ground?

Yes during daylight I'm also ascending greater than 33 feet directly above the take off spot usually have Mavic hovering for about a minute then it straight up could I be ascending upward too quickly is that a possibility?

How quickly are you ascending? What happens when you ascend slowly instead?

Also, I know this one is obvious, but you'll need to have the sensors enabled in DJI GO.

Went back out performed another compass calibration this time removing Apple Watch iPhone iPad everything from area of Mavic went straight up the maximum height for beginner mode flew around couple minutes and happy to say a perfect RTH landing pretty much exact spot it took off from! Thanks for your help

Reactions: Marc.Lip

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S