DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rubber connector came loose after a crash

yiruna

Reactions
How can I get them back in there? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
Ouch! That doesn't look like an easy fix. Two methods come to mind, however. Both ways seem like they would work best if you can remove the rubber mounts from the gimbal base plate first.

1) By hand, wet the rubber nub with saliva and insert one side into the hole, then using pressure from your other hand's fingers, push the rest of the rubber tab into the hole, working around from the edge that you got in at first.

2) Use a small screwdriver or pin punch in place of your fingers in method one.

Using method 2, it may be possible to accomplish without removing the rubber mounts from the gimbal base plate, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Good luck & please update when you get this resolved!

Thanks
Jim

Use dish soap instead of saliva.

Perhaps, but dish soap will stay somewhat slippery after drying, allowing for a greater chance of recurrence. Saliva, while mildly distasteful , will dry completely and not remain slippery.
I apologize...my comment wan't meant to be directed towards hygiene. I just use dish soap or windex all the time when working with rubber grommets, makes them more slippery.

I apologize...my comment wan't meant to be directed towards hygiene. I just use dish soap or windex all the time when working with rubber grommets, makes them more slippery.

Please, no offense taken! I usually use dish soap for grommets in firewalls and things like that too, but they don't usually have any load on them after they are installed. It just seemed to me that it could leave a slippery film that could allow them to slip back out in the future more easily.

This is all based on my conjecture, however, as I thankfully haven't had the need to actually attempt the OP's required repair.

Nice to meet you!
Jim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s