DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rumors of production being halted indefinitely?

Already seems to be reconciled but we can also confirm that this rumor is 100% false. Units continue to ship out from the factory on a regular basis. They are only shipping out in very small quantities due to limited capacity and throughout on the line.

Already seems to be reconciled but we can also confirm that this rumor is 100% false. Units continue to ship out from the factory on a regular basis. They are only shipping out in very small quantities due to limited capacity and throughout on the line.
Rumor? Visit Amazon.com.

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

The rumor is "production is halted". This is false.

No one is saying the delivery dates haven't been pushed out due to output vs. demand

Look, let's use some common sense.......There's no way DJI anticipated the sheer volume of mavic sales. Also factor in that the GoPro was recalled and you have additional people jumping ship and creating further demand for the Mavic......Want to get pissed at something realistic? Get pissed that DJI isn't listed on the New York stock exchange as the company went from a dinky quad start up to a 10 BILLION dollar company in less than a decade.

Reactions: Advexure
Look, let's use some common sense.......There's no way DJI anticipated the sheer volume of mavic sales. Also factor in that the GoPro was recalled and you have additional people jumping ship and creating further demand for the Mavic......Want to get pissed at something realistic? Get pissed that DJI isn't listed on the New York stock exchange as the company went from a dinky quad start up to a 10 BILLION dollar company in less than a decade.
I do, however, think that a "10 BILLION dollar company" should have "anticipated the sheer volume of mavic sales". This is not their first product. And certainly not their first "high-demand" product.

I'm not "pissed" and I'm patiently waiting for mine along with the rest. But I don't necessarily buy into the "they had no idea" theory.

Trust me they had no idea that this thing would be in such demand......Imagine the flip side, pre building 500k and selling 100k. Not good business. They did it right, hang in there it's worth the wait. I sleep with mine under my arm.

I was notified yesterday that my Fly More Bundle has 'landed' at Christchurch Airport NZ and am collecting from the supplier tomorrow. They have 20 units in the first shipment (pre-sold) and similar numbers arriving next week. They took 400 pre-orders I'm told. Seems like the skies over little old Christchurch will soon be a wee bit more congested.

Reactions: Vineshk
I was notified yesterday that my Fly More Bundle has 'landed' at Christchurch Airport NZ and am collecting from the supplier tomorrow. They have 20 units in the first shipment (pre-sold) and similar numbers arriving next week. They took 400 pre-orders I'm told. Seems like the skies over little old Christchurch will soon be a wee bit more congested.
Did you pre order from ferntech?

I hope you and yours are okay after the quake and tsunami. They can always make more Mavics!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Trust me they had no idea that this thing would be in such demand......Imagine the flip side, pre building 500k and selling 100k. Not good business. They did it right, hang in there it's worth the wait. I sleep with mine under my arm.

This....is right.
My guess is that demand is double or more projected. Now add in the Karma debacle and the 100's of thousands who may have looked at the Karma have ordered Mavics. Now add in all the dudes (here and elsewhere) who admit to ordering two or three "just to be sure" of getting one.

IMHO, they are shipping thousands of them per day. The idea of having anticipated it being the biggest seller of all time.....is crazy. Keep in mind that DJI has limited capital - even with prepayments. Do the math...they are not a public company and don't have billions to make payroll, set up instant factories and make millions of craft on speculation.

(I have my Mavic).....not that it matters. It works perfectly.
Every DJI craft ever released has come with all these rumors and more....this particular craft is a bit different since the demand is off-the-charts. No way to anticipate that. I've seen the guys who have held out for YEARS...never buying a single camera drone (RTF) instantly order Mavic.

The price on amazon has gone up!

That's not right

Most all sellers on Amazon are private dealers - and even some private parties. You can obtain ONE Mavic, open an Amazon account, and list it for sale.

Don't blame Amazon or DJI.......they likely don't have a hand in this.

This....is right.
My guess is that demand is double or more projected. Now add in the Karma debacle and the 100's of thousands who may have looked at the Karma have ordered Mavics. Now add in all the dudes (here and elsewhere) who admit to ordering two or three "just to be sure" of getting one.

IMHO, they are shipping thousands of them per day. The idea of having anticipated it being the biggest seller of all time.....is crazy. Keep in mind that DJI has limited capital - even with prepayments. Do the math...they are not a public company and don't have billions to make payroll, set up instant factories and make millions of craft on speculation.

(I have my Mavic).....not that it matters. It works perfectly.
Every DJI craft ever released has come with all these rumors and more....this particular craft is a bit different since the demand is off-the-charts. No way to anticipate that. I've seen the guys who have held out for YEARS...never buying a single camera drone (RTF) instantly order Mavic.

So true. They have a new Inspire 2 coming out on Tues. The sales will pale in comparison to the Mavic. With the exception of the unusual amount of lens flare in semi direct and direct sunlight, this Mavic is technology at its best. Add 2 more proximity sensors in the rear and it becomes a candidate for the Smithsonian........They had no idea that the portability factor would hit home this hard. I'm still amazed how small this thing gets. The failure of the Karma as you mentioned only fueled this fire. Also reports of the quads resounding success will also pull people off the sidelines. My only worry is that with the projected million plus in unit sales, comes the exponentially increased chance of some newbie doing something stupid. With so many people jumping ship to the Mavic, there are now loads of Phantoms for sale for a mere pittance of what they sold new for. That means many people can now afford the hobby........Keep your fingers crossed. : )

There selling the mavic at Coffs camera house...but no idea when there getting stock..

Hahaha.... $1600 for the bare Mavic... price gougers... if it were a local store near me I would not give them any of my business. The rule of supply and demand is great.... but greed is the plague of the world these days...

Hahaha.... $1600 for the bare Mavic... price gougers... if it were a local store near me I would not give them any of my business. The rule of supply and demand is great.... but greed is the plague of the world these days...

Lots of things are driven by greed and supply and demand. With most major concerts or sporting events there's a limited number of seat and way more people wanting them so the price goes up. Actually, there's an industry built around buying up choice seats then selling them at 2X or more the face value. In many cases the price is way over 10X the face value and the averge person is priced out of the game. OTH, if you make and have a lot of money spending $3000 for a $275 ticket is pocket change and you don't have to compete with the average Joe as they can't afford it.

There are busy roads in California and elsewhere that have HOV lanes that anyone can use if you pay for it. The other lanes are free but if you want to drive in the HOV lane and you don't have enough people in the car you can pay to use the lane. Again, this prices the average Joe out of the HOV lane and makes it easier for wealthy people to get yet another advantage.

Just the way the game has been rigged in the last few decades. As Gordon Gekko once said, "Greed is good!"

Brian

In this case it was Australian dollars though?
Or am I mistaken?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+