DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Running your battery down to zero....

Ian in London

Reactions
Hello guys
Well, after losing my Mavic last month thanks to a stack of my mistakes lined up ( Bye Bye Mavic - How to lose it in 5 easy steps... (and how not to) ) I got a replacement Mavic and have been poking around with what happens as you run out of battery.
Part of the reason for losing my Mavic was not expecting some of the functions that kick in as the battery gets low, so I figured I'd make a video to list those functions out so people know what to expect.
Also tried out the new Find My Drone function on the DJI App; great addition but not failsafe and ironically wouldn't have helped me last month... Hence I now have a Loc8tor trackker on my new drone :)

Anyway, here's the vid; happy flying.....
Cheers,
Ian

Last edited:
Good videoThumbswayup
Happy to see that you got back a new Mavic

Rob

Cheers guys! Good to be back up flying again....... :)

Ian

I'm also interest about the Loc8tor- I checked by Amazon, but there is no delivery to Germany. Which place on the Mavic you take?
Maybe I find an alternative...

I had the same problem, so i put this Trackimo onto my Mavic. Velcro is your friend :)

Trackimo@Mavic.jpg

- K.

Reactions: Former Member
Hello guys
Well, after losing my Mavic last month thanks to a stack of my mistakes lined up ( Bye Bye Mavic - How to lose it in 5 easy steps... (and how not to) ) I got a replacement Mavic and have been poking around with what happens as you run out of battery.
Part of the reason for losing my Mavic was not expecting some of the functions that kick in as the battery gets low, so I figured I'd make a video to list those functions out so people know what to expect.
Also tried out the new Find My Drone function on the DJI App; great addition but not failsafe and ironically wouldn't have helped me last month... Hence I now have a Loc8tor trackker on my new drone :)

Anyway, here's the vid; happy flying.....
Cheers,
Ian

Good vid buddy many new pilots (and some seasoned) will appreciate it

Reactions: Ian in London
I'm also interest about the Loc8tor- I checked by Amazon, but there is no delivery to Germany. Which place on the Mavic you take?

I got mine direct from the Loc8tore themselves.... Have to say it's a great little bit of kit. Size of a £2 or €2 coin and the tracking remote is the size of a thick credit card.....
Range of 120 metres or so; but not Bluetooth and no reliance on cellhone network ...

Last edited:
How many flights you have done with your Tracking?
Hard to say ... i have bought the tracker sometime in February - so i guess i have min. 50 flights with it.
I do not put it on with every flight, i.e. when i am flying at my local spot (size of a football field) i leave it off.

The Loc8tor device is around an inch in diameter and 1/4 inch thick and sticks on permenantly on the tail of the Mavic.
hopefully I'll never need it :)

Wellsi, thanks for the video. I recommend everyone watch this as well as do a test run in a flat area without any trees.

Reactions: Ian in London
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000