DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

S7 Edge and DJI GO 4

Andrew F

Reactions
OK. I gave it a shot. The Samsung S7 Edge is NOT compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. Doesn't connect, complains about the WiFi, and then spontaneously shuts down.

Mine does mate... that's strange... check your set up. Mine works in home with the wifi on and outside were i switch wifi off for flights. S7e working perfectly no issue with DJGO4 for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Andrew F
Am using the S7 (non Edge) and have not had any issues with 4..

OK. I gave it a shot. The Samsung S7 Edge is NOT compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. Doesn't connect, complains about the WiFi, and then spontaneously shuts down.
If you can get it to run for long enough to update your firmware on the RC and Mavic it may well come good. That was certainly the case for me. DJIGO 4 was always crashing for me and disconnecting. As soon as I did the latest firmware update it came good.

Got a Mavic now, 3 test flghts perfectly done with S7 Edge.
Get rid of the low Quality DJI cable, use a normal micro USB to middle USB port on the Tx.

Ender

I do think many if not most of the issues are connected to the supplied cables!

I have never had an issue with the micro USB one but constant issues/disconnects with the lightning one which eventually died completely without me even touching it. Hopefully DJI will address these in time though and produce much better cables for us. :)

If you can get it to run for long enough to update your firmware on the RC and Mavic it may well come good. That was certainly the case for me. DJIGO 4 was always crashing for me and disconnecting. As soon as I did the latest firmware update it came good.
I first updated the firmware and then tried the GO 4. It instantly complained about my wifi and would not open a video channel. As I worked to try to resolve the lack of video the app shut down twice. That's enough negative for me to just keep using 3.

Get rid of the low Quality DJI cable, use a normal micro USB to middle USB port on the Tx.

Ender
I've got a big flight coming up and will use the 3 set up (Hawaii mountain top to ocean). When I return, I'll try 4 again including different cables and inputs. 3 has been very stable for me after the second update so I'll stick with what's working. Good to hear others have gotten 4 to work. It looks pretty cool and more advanced.

Ender
Sweet. good to hear it is working well for you. When you get a chance try the Follow Me mode to see if your Mavic jumps around as it follows the phones GPS location. That is the only thing I can fault when paired with my S7 Edge, but it is trivial.

Sweet. good to hear it is working well for you. When you get a chance try the Follow Me mode to see if your Mavic jumps around as it follows the phones GPS location. That is the only thing I can fault when paired with my S7 Edge, but it is trivial.
Will do !
Currently i have only flown in between rain pauses from my home but when we have less rain i will go in a wide open area and try out stuff... Was creeping hrough the yard in tripod mode which also worked fine :)
Still funny Sports mode is called that name as the mavic still flies like a bathtub compared to ,ost of my crafts :)
But its great as a Hybrid but i would have called it "less gentle mode" ;-)

Ender

Will do !
Currently i have only flown in between rain pauses from my home but when we have less rain i will go in a wide open area and try out stuff... Was creeping hrough the yard in tripod mode which also worked fine :)
Still funny Sports mode is called that name as the mavic still flies like a bathtub compared to ,ost of my crafts :)
But its great as a Hybrid but i would have called it "less gentle mode" ;-)

Ender

Ender, dude, that is exactly why you still have your other craft! ;)

Got to remember this is a commercial bird, imagine the carnage if it was able to do 60mph out the box :D

Ender, dude, that is exactly why you still have your other craft! ;)

Got to remember this is a commercial bird, imagine the carnage if it was able to do 60mph out the box :D

Hi !
Well this is way OT but its not mainly the raw speed, its the angular speed and acceleration and general responsiveness that feels like 7kg, not 0,7kg. But compared to those white spongy Phantom thingies it rules ;-)

P.S. still love it.

P.P.S. As a second thought maybe allowing 60 mph and mean responsiveness would mean a lot of spare parts on eBay from the likes of Casey :)

Last edited:
Reactions: F6Rider
It does work well, although I have noticed it doesnt always connect if the controller is already on. A restart of the controller while connected brings it back to life. Also make sure if you cache video files you have plenty of room on the phone, otherwise it will just crash.

It does work well, ...........Also make sure if you cache video files you have plenty of room on the phone, otherwise it will just crash.
I posted this elsehere but works well with the S7 edge. "Auto Clean up video cache" makes it work in a continuous loop with old stuff getting replace by new. Should fix it crashing like that, although mine only ever popped a cache full message when I was not using this feature.

DJIGo 4 in the main menu (not the camera menu). Last item, General settings > Video cache.
-Cache locally when recording X
-Largest Video cache (Set to GB you want - I have set 2GB)
-Auto clean up video cache <- this is a good one to have on. Then you wont get cache full warnings and it will continually overwrite older cached recordings with newer ones (on the phone). You will then automatically always have a decent quality copy of your most recent flights video on you phone, but it will never overfill the phone because you have limited the cache size.

Works great with my S7 edge, but I knew about and expected the wifi conflict. This remote uses the same frequency that the phone uses for wifi, hence the alert to turn it off. I'd always shut my wifi off when I flew my P3P to avoid interference with it as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say that I finally got my Mavic yesterday :D and I flew it today. I also use the Galaxy S7 Edge and I had no issues with it (today). I did turn off the wifi mode on my S7 Edge because I got the warning about interference on 2.4G.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3