DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

S8+ Doesn't fit....

CaminDFW

Reactions
Hey Guys.. I received my S8+ on the 19th and this is the first nice day I've had to go flying.. I changed out the cable on the remote and tried to mount - too tight of a fit. I then thought about utilizing a table mount that I bought but.. and that is too large.. Quite the Goldilocks situation I have going on here.

What are people that have larger phones doing?

I really don't want the phone out that far from the controller.. Also.. when you rotate to fit the phone, it is off center..

01f6d8d9b9844add7b0dedd8f721ac15.jpg

What is too tight, the length or the width? If its too thick to fit in the clamps, you can remove one of the rubber pieces on each side of the controller claws and it will fit like a glove.

Reactions: RobP62
Hey Guys.. I received my S8+ on the 19th and this is the first nice day I've had to go flying.. I changed out the cable on the remote and tried to mount - too tight of a fit. I then thought about utilizing a table mount that I bought but.. and that is too large.. Quite the Goldilocks situation I have going on here.

I can't believe that your S8+ doesn't fit on the controller! I have a 7 plus with Apple case and it fits. I can send a photo if you want to see how you can mount your Sammy.

It is the thickness of the phoned coupled with the length of the USB-C connection.

First take the cable out, so you can first plug your phone.
57e83860487bab641e96ca8c82e624d0.jpg

Then just insert the phone and close the claps gently. It doesn't have to be all the way in, your phone isn't going to fall down.
fb0802adaf730684efd6b88d51f91e29.jpg

Reactions: 4wd and RobP62
I wouldn't take the rubber grips out (having tried it) - your phone won't feel any more secure than simply bumping the arms onto the ends.
Since you are holding it anyway it's unlikely to move far, just be careful not to slingshot it when picking the controller up.

My S8+ fits fine into RC using original DJI type-c cable. Make sure phone is more towards left side, remove metal slider that holds phone cable into RC, light sensor is not blocked either.

My S8+ fits fine into RC using original DJI type-c cable. Make sure phone is more towards left side, remove metal slider that holds phone cable into RC, light sensor is not blocked either.
My S8 fits fine too.

AARARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ok the S8+ fits the mavic controller. But DJI Go4 app crashes on start says unsupported resolution.

So Sad..
my s7 Edge has broken screen.20170427_165415_resized.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000