DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe to stick Trackimo to top of battery?

tangoseal

Reactions
I didnt find a similar thread so I will start this.

I am unaware of any sensors in the actual battery that could affect compass, gos, or the IMU. With that being said is it a safe place to velcro a trackimo to the top of the battery in case if disaster of a downed drone in the forest?

Would there be any adverse effect of mounting the tiny trackimo device on the battery? Inwas thinking of using that high strength 3m velcro so it wouldnt vibrate off. There is no other safe place to mount a trackimo.

There is a European gentleman who 3d printed a mount but I have to order and have it shipped and that could take weeks. Im wanting something in the interim to ensure my 1299 photography investment can be tracked in the event of a failure/crash/battery failure instant landing event.

Attaching it to the battery should be just fine. Only issue I see with it is having to transfer it every time you change batteries which will wear out the velcro sooner. I saw one guy mount it to the top of the back section but I wouldn't recommend it because that is where the gps antenna is located. Personally I would put it on top up front above the gimble. There aren't any antennas or sensors located there and there would be no reason to remove it once it's attached.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I
Attaching it to the battery should be just fine. Only issue I see with it is having to transfer it every time you change batteries which will wear out the velcro sooner. I saw one guy mount it to the top of the back section but I wouldn't recommend it because that is where the gps antenna is located. Personally I would put it on top up front above the gimble. There aren't any antennas or sensors located there and there would be no reason to remove it once it's attached.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Thought Wifi was up there? I use wifi ffor shooting tracking scenes without having an obvious and intrusive RC remote in the shoot.

You may want to use the search feature as I recall seeing several photos on here of people attaching it to the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123