DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy S7 Nougat?

greginfinity

Reactions
Sorry, I tried to seach but came up with very few results on here and google...

Verizon S7 users are finally getting Nougat and my phone started downloading the update. I did see a few other devices having issues with Nougat and the Mavic, so I am hesitant to let it install. Any success stories? My phone has been fine with Marshmallow other than the controller charging the phone (known issue). No crashes or anything.

Thoughts?

I'm using an S7 Edge with Nougat. So far for 18 flights (I'm new to the drone world), I had the app crash on me twice.

I believe it was due to me not closing all the other apps running in the background. But when it did crash, I would just open the go4 app back up and tap 'Go Fly' and it would put me back where I was. Both times it happened to me, I was only out about 170' at an altitude of around 200'. I'm thinking of buying Litchi

I think it depends more on the device, I am running a shield and Nougat is not working so great; it may be different on other devices.
Regards,
-d.

Sorry, I tried to seach but came up with very few results on here and google...

Verizon S7 users are finally getting Nougat and my phone started downloading the update. I did see a few other devices having issues with Nougat and the Mavic, so I am hesitant to let it install. Any success stories? My phone has been fine with Marshmallow other than the controller charging the phone (known issue). No crashes or anything.

Thoughts?
Did you try it? I'm considering the same myself...

//Anton

Not yet, waiting for good weather. I have tested the connection to the drone/camera inside, but no flying. No issues thus far but also not much of a stress test.

S7E on Verizon here. After the Nougat upgrade I was experiencing two to three disconnects per flying session. It was so bad I was checking CL for iPad Mini 2's & 4's... and I'm a loyal Android type of guy. I uninstalled-reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app, cleared the phone cache, restarted the phone, disabled USB debugging, went to airplane mode and set the phone to transfer media files when the USB connection was initiated. Fingers crossed but so far two flying sessions (2+ hours) in with no disconnects. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself by writing this. And I realize disabling USB debugging goes against the majority of reccos out there but even on Marshmallow I noticed an increase in disconnects after I enabled debugging. Figured it was worth a shot and so far it's working.

Last edited:
Any updates here?
Are there some users running S7E & Nougat successfully with Go4?
I am a long time S7E (Marshmallow) user with no disagreements between it and my Mavic since late last year.
Thinking of updating it to Nougat. If I apply the same strategy of religiously killing all other apps on S7E preflight (which has served me well) am I likely to run in to any issues?

Had far better results using Go4 on my Moto G4 Plus when updated to Nougat.

I have the S7 Edge and got the update.

Not sure yet how it will affect DJI Go, or other apps, (Litchi, DroneDeploy, etc.), but just on the basis of the Android update, I'm not a fan.

With that said, I still prefer Android over iOS, hands down! (this is just my opinion......."I could be wrong!")

I have the s7 with 7.0 , no problem yet and around 15 flights.

May i ask if verison is putting its own code in the operating system ?

Mine now gets purple banding and screen stuttering right before the app hangs. Thought it might be overheating but i ran a temp monitor and it seems fine. Definately a nougat/go4 issue. But who do we blame dji or samsung? Dji say its unsupported and samsung....well they dont take the time to reply. What now?

Mine now gets purple banding and screen stuttering right before the app hangs. Thought it might be overheating but i ran a temp monitor and it seems fine. Definately a nougat/go4 issue. But who do we blame dji or samsung? Dji say its unsupported and samsung....well they dont take the time to reply. What now?

What is your carrier ?

Hi,

I have an S7 Edge. Android 7.0 te app was working last week (on 7.0)... today it just would not open. Keeps crashing constantly. Initially it said it does not support the screen resolution, I changed it, however the app keeps crashing! Anyone found a solution?

It really sucks when the app crashes and you 200' out over water. mainly what direction is it facing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots