DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"

Ghostvizer

Reactions
The Galaxy Tab 7" is a great option for the Mavic controller. It fits in great, it is well balanced and and you access to the buttons you need. I was using my iPhone 7 plus but had to take it out of its case every time and was worried about dropping it. The brightness can be set so it is very easily viewable in sunlight. It gives me better viewing while I am flying. The memory is upgradable. I have put a 128gb card in it..
I did try my iPad mini, which does fit but feels too big and unbalanced and also has a lot of reflection from normal daylight.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and answer them for you...

Happy Flying...

6df7b6e95b826f2fbdc890e90633a48a.jpg

Ghostvizer

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 inch which is not on the recommended list of mobile devices ,do you think it will still work.
I know it won't fit into the controller arms but I'm wondering if it's strong enough to handle that go app

Do you have any problems with the controller charging your Tab7. I tried using my Note5 and it drained the RC battery almost as fast as the Mavic battery. After 1 flight the RC was at 38% and the Note5 was at 100%. I don't have that issue with my iPad mini4.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7" and it works well. I would have to disagree that it has sufficient brightness of the display in high light conditions. I ended up crafting up my own sun shield. It does not draw power fro the RC because it doesn't recognize the power source so you get the battery with a line thru it when it is hooked to the RC which is good since the battery in the tablet will far outlast the RC.

Dumb question. What isnthe App displayed on your initial post showing the data logs ?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
That is from the DJI Go App. Look for the Flight Records icon at the top of the screen (before going into the actual flight control interface)

Ahhhh... I see other comments (and observe same with me) that this does not exist with the Android App. Some have commented that it did and then disappeared with a recent update. Unfortunate and I hope it comes back. Any comments from Android users ?

Reactions: Retoxx
The Galaxy Tab 7" is a great option for the Mavic controller. It fits in great, it is well balanced and and you access to the buttons you need. I was using my iPhone 7 plus but had to take it out of its case every time and was worried about dropping it. The brightness can be set so it is very easily viewable in sunlight. It gives me better viewing while I am flying. The memory is upgradable. I have put a 128gb card in it..
I did try my iPad mini, which does fit but feels too big and unbalanced and also has a lot of reflection from normal daylight.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and answer them for you...

Happy Flying...

6df7b6e95b826f2fbdc890e90633a48a.jpg

Ghostvizer

Can you give the exact model, I am not a android person there's to many of them lol?

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7" and it works well. I would have to disagree that it has sufficient brightness of the display in high light conditions. I ended up crafting up my own sun shield. It does not draw power fro the RC because it doesn't recognize the power source so you get the battery with a line thru it when it is hooked to the RC which is good since the battery in the tablet will far outlast the RC.

What cable are you using to connect to the tablet? I am using the factory cable and I get disconnection alerts in the screen and the screen goes to black and white.

Ghostvizer

Reactions: Mbullman
I ordered the Samsung tab e 16gb 9.6in. I'll be getting it Friday. I want to know if it will have a lot of latency with the ocusync. There's not any videos out there

Love your videos on YouTube Ghostvizer
You must live on the Isle of Man

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I wish I did. However the videos on my channel (Ghostvizer) are from a recent visit to my homeland. I post videos of my world travels.

Ghostvizer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22