DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"

4acd699d12e27076b4156be9d12f12d7.jpg
fb2cf594328a3c65c42084bffeebffda.jpg

Fits awesome thank you for posting! Now to see how well it works first android tablet! Feels great looks great for 130, i already own an iPad pro, iphone 7 plus mac computer, i just couldn't spend the money on a iPad mini. I am thinking of leaving this permanently in the controller. The iphone 7 plus is such a pain to take in and out of the case and jam it in the controller. Hopefully mavic version 2 they make it easy to use phones and cases.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks for posting the link. I have ordered the cables so I will be able to try them on Thursday.

Ghostvizer
awesome....only thing I don't like is it sticks out the side of the tablet a little more than some other cables but I think it was meant to be used with a case. But other than that, zero issues.....enjoy.

Reactions: Ghostvizer
4acd699d12e27076b4156be9d12f12d7.jpg
fb2cf594328a3c65c42084bffeebffda.jpg

Fits awesome thank you for posting! Now to see how well it works first android tablet! Feels great looks great for 130, i already own an iPad pro, iphone 7 plus mac computer, i just couldn't spend the money on a iPad mini. I am thinking of leaving this permanently in the controller. The iphone 7 plus is such a pain to take in and out of the case and jam it in the controller. Hopefully mavic version 2 they make it easy to use phones and cases.

Have you had any issues with the DJI GO 4 app?

Ghostvizer

Reactions: RallySoob
I have an older Samsung Galaxy 7" Model SM-T210R
Android version 4.4.2

Will it work with the Mavic. DJI Go or Go4 with no issues ?

I have the Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7" and it is a model SM-T280.

Are these the specs on your Galaxy Tab A?
- 1.3 GHz Snapdragon Quadcore CPU
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 7.0" IPS Multi-Touch Display
- 1280 x 800 Screen Resolution
Do you have any issues flying with it?

- 1.5GB of RAM

I could not find those specs on the the device on the about screen so here it is off Samsung's website. Although the OS is now 4.4.2.

Connected it to the remote and it opened DGI go for however it seemed a little sluggish just trying to connect. I did not see a video come through on the screen from the Mavics camera. Was wondering if I should pursue it or if it's not going to work

- 1.5GB of RAM
Yes, those are specs on my Tab A. Got them off of the back of the box....

Galaxy Tab A.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastback65
I started reading this thread this morning, as I have the same problem: iPad Mini in house (not keen on taking out in field) or iPhone SE with small screen. Went into town today and the Galaxy Tab A was on sale - got £40 off. So bought it to use as a screen with DJI Go 4. Very impressed - tried flying when I got home and everything appears fine. Bit nervous as I'm IOS normally - Android is not my favourite. Those who are using the latest Tab A (with Lollipop): all been ok? I hope so, otherwise I've blown a bit of money for no reason!

I started reading this thread this morning, as I have the same problem: iPad Mini in house (not keen on taking out in field) or iPhone SE with small screen. Went into town today and the Galaxy Tab A was on sale - got £40 off. So bought it to use as a screen with DJI Go 4. Very impressed - tried flying when I got home and everything appears fine. Bit nervous as I'm IOS normally - Android is not my favourite. Those who are using the latest Tab A (with Lollipop): all been ok? I hope so, otherwise I've blown a bit of money for no reason!

I haven't had any issues but I have only used it with DJI GO app not GO 4 yet because of all of the reported bugs.....like falling from the sky immediately after using auto take off. Go 3 works great so not in a big hurry to cross over just yet. I am using it as a dedicated display for the MavicPro so it has very little if anything else installed on it. However, I have been flying it with the WiFi enabled and haven't had any issues. I know others recommend putting your device in airplane mode to ensure there is no unnecessary interference or processes running in the background.

I'm trying it now plugged into the USB port at the bottom of the remote however it seems extremely slow the camera screen is pixelated and a video hasn't even refreshed look at this picture I turned the Mavic around yet it still holding the camera shot looking out the windows
Anyone else planning the tablet extremely sluggish. I'm doing this indoors with no props and not in beginner mode

I'm trying it now plugged into the USB port at the bottom of the remote however it seems extremely slow the camera screen is pixelated and a video hasn't even refreshed look at this picture I turned the Mavic around yet it still holding the camera shot looking out the windows
Anyone else planning the tablet extremely sluggish. I'm doing this indoors with no props and not in beginner mode

6b9cd664ce8ea834c1a50c35442f25dc.jpg

what app are you running? I have never see the map located in the lower right side of the screen and also have a radar on the lower left??? Also, take a screenshot of your "HD settings"

The Galaxy Tab 7" is a great option for the Mavic controller. It fits in great, it is well balanced and and you access to the buttons you need. I was using my iPhone 7 plus but had to take it out of its case every time and was worried about dropping it. The brightness can be set so it is very easily viewable in sunlight. It gives me better viewing while I am flying. The memory is upgradable. I have put a 128gb card in it..
I did try my iPad mini, which does fit but feels too big and unbalanced and also has a lot of reflection from normal daylight.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and answer them for you...

Happy Flying...
Thanks for that info. I've been looking at getting the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 7" Tablet myself.
I have a 19 month old galaxy A3 which WON'T WORK, but my other half has a 2016 galaxy A5 that works for now, I need to do a bit of research first before spending £90 at currys on a tablet just for flying.

I too am using a Galaxy Tab A (2016) but find it very sluggish as Merknet does. Also in flight the video disconnects constantly with the drone not more than 30ft away. Using the DJI Go 4 app.

The Galaxy Tab 7" is a great option for the Mavic controller. It fits in great, it is well balanced and and you access to the buttons you need. I was using my iPhone 7 plus but had to take it out of its case every time and was worried about dropping it. The brightness can be set so it is very easily viewable in sunlight. It gives me better viewing while I am flying. The memory is upgradable. I have put a 128gb card in it..
I did try my iPad mini, which does fit but feels too big and unbalanced and also has a lot of reflection from normal daylight.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and answer them for you...

Happy Flying...

6df7b6e95b826f2fbdc890e90633a48a.jpg

Ghostvizer
I have a Galaxy Tab A 6 that I purchased specifically for the Mavic. When I use it with the controller, there is a 2 to 4 second lag in the video and the video freezes frequently. I do not have any other apps on the Tab. I purchased Litchi, hoping it would help, but no luck.I have tried several cables and they made no difference. If I use the Galaxy Tab alone to fly via Wi-Fi, the video is great, with very little latency. I have since gave up and bought an iPad mini, which works well for the video. Did you have any latency issues with the Galaxy Tab? Any ideas how I can use my Samsung Tab without the latency?
1/8/2017: I was running DJI GO 4 on the Samsung. I just deleted GO 4 and loaded the earlier DJI GO (without the 4). The video is now much better, much less latency and freezing. HOWEVER, it still slows down at times and occasionally freezes, but less often and for less time. I also, noticed when I deleted the GO 4 app that I have many more apps installed now, apps I did not intentionally install. I will look into removing as many of them as possible, but Zapper shows that none of them are running while I use DJI GO. So far, for me, the iPad mini 2 is working without issue right from the get go,without any tinkering. I am not biased toward Apple, this is actually my first Apple device ever. DJI has built this software with Apple in mind, but Litchi does not work any better on the Samsung.

Last edited:
I would agree. The video doesn't even transferred to mine either it stays as a still picture of the initial opening shot or I get a green screen. The processor must be too slow.

what are the specs on the A6 and are you running the DJI GO app or the DJI GO 4 app? The GO 4 app seems to take more processing power to operate than the original app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters