DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 8"

Reactions: facasi
Forget about it. I just get quick flashing message that does not allow the choosing of the DJI GO app.
Marty

Maybe not through the Playstore directly but you could probably side load it on easily enough ;)
Personally though I wouldn't use a tablet with only 1.5GB of RAM to run the app but that is just me :)

I just purchased the Galaxy Tab S2 T710 version the last one with a decent screen resolution. It runs DJI GO 4 700 firmware on bird, and 6 Marshmallow on Tablet. Can see the screen in full sunlight over my shoulder high noon in Southern Arizona. I love this tablet. Loaded with Playstore, GPS etc etc etc. It is fantastic. A E and T713 in S2 do not have the resolution I want.

Tab S2 T713 has same resolution, however you have to switch off and do a restart to connect to the RC. The S2 T710 from what I have read works perfectly, without having to restart the tablet.

I was thinking in buying an iPad mini 4 but rumors of Apple going to release new versions of IPad minis are coming up. Don't know.

Dont do it, I tried to use that same tablet and the go app gave me nothing but problems. Go with an Apple ipad mini 4. The Tab A gave me signal problems and errors and the very few times I got it to work I had to fiddle around with the app just so I could control the Mavic with choppy video.

Dont do it, I tried to use that same tablet and the go app gave me nothing but problems. Go with an Apple ipad mini 4. The Tab A gave me signal problems and errors and the very few times I got it to work I had to fiddle around with the app just so I could control the Mavic with choppy video.

Agree, I believe the best choice is the iPad mini 4 since the iPad Pro or the regular IPad is king of a large device to carry with the Mavic everywhere.

Reactions: Kestrel
UPDATE: Someone on the DJI Mavic forum suggested to try linking RC to Mavic. I'll be a monkey's uncle. I'd tried that several times before and there was no choice to hit OK and proceed. Figured what the heck and tried it again. There was the OK choice and the RC/Mavic linked. All appears to be working well. Will try to fly tomorrow.
Thank you,
Marty

UPDATE: Someone on the DJI Mavic forum suggested to try linking RC to Mavic. I'll be a monkey's uncle. I'd tried that several times before and there was no choice to hit OK and proceed. Figured what the heck and tried it again. There was the OK choice and the RC/Mavic linked. All appears to be working well. Will try to fly tomorrow.
Thank you,
Marty

So how does that Tab A work with the Mavic? I'm thinking that's what you were going to try and fly?

I have a Tab A that works well with the Mavic. After connecting via USB and turning on controller and Mavic, restart the tablet. The Go 4 app starts automatically with the Mavic already selected.

I also have a Skyreat tablet holder that works great. It folds fairly flat and fits in the carrying case that comes with the fly more combo.

I have a Tab A that works well with the Mavic. After connecting via USB and turning on controller and Mavic, restart the tablet. The Go 4 app starts automatically with the Mavic already selected.

I also have a Skyreat tablet holder that works great. It folds fairly flat and fits in the carrying case that comes with the fly more combo.

No video lag issues? Do you have anything loaded on the tablet other than DJI Go?

No video lag issues? Do you have anything loaded on the tablet other than DJI Go?

Would like an answer about this one too because i stopped using my tabA due to the annooying lags on video feedback.

I normally do not have video lag issues. If I notice any video lag it is usually due to incorrect controller antenna positioning. I use the DJI Go 4 app (I have both the Go and Go 4 loaded on the tablet and the Go 4 starts automatically). I put the tablet in airplane mode so it does not try to connect to a network. I have many other apps loaded on the tablet.

Always is recommended to put the device in airplane mode (no matter is Android or IOS). There is more change to receive interference notifications in the DJI GO if you don´t activate airplane mode. Based in personal experience with an Ipad mini 4 LTE. I feel more confident flying this way.

I normally do not have video lag issues. If I notice any video lag it is usually due to incorrect controller antenna positioning. I use the DJI Go 4 app (I have both the Go and Go 4 loaded on the tablet and the Go 4 starts automatically). I put the tablet in airplane mode so it does not try to connect to a network. I have many other apps loaded on the tablet.

I do have some confidence now with the TAB A.

The lag problem i've got doesen't seem to be a transmission problem but a hw issue; antenna positioning does nothing to do with lag.

Perhaps your tablet memory is full so it is writing to the memory card. Check My Files > STORAGE USAGE. I do not know if this could be your problem; I am using the PC analogy of when the available RAM is full Windows will write to the hard drive. It works but much slower.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun