DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Gear VR 2 + mavic

X424

Reactions
Anybody got this setup working? Saw a vid on youtube where the guy recommended NOT to use gear VR.

Doesn't work without doing some hardware mods to the Gear VR to fit a USB cable to the phone instead of the Gear's port since you need USB connected to the controller.

Reactions: X424
Cheers. Ended up ordering the Homido V2. Arrives tomorrow. I think I am developing an addiction to amazon deliveries.

Reactions: BillinAnchorage
Cheers. Ended up ordering the Homido V2. Arrives tomorrow. I think I am developing an addiction to amazon deliveries.
How are they going to work? Don't you have to cut the screen in two in order to use on goggles? Love for DJI to give us an HDMI out like I had on my phantom 3. The headplay worked great for that.

How are they going to work? Don't you have to cut the screen in two in order to use on goggles? Love for DJI to give us an HDMI out like I had on my phantom 3. The headplay worked great for that.

Litchi app has a VR mode that splits the Mavic Video into L and R.

On another note, my Homido V2s arrived today. They were supposed to be brand new. Instead, the lenses were scratched like you wouldn't believe, as was the outside of it. After my faulty sandisk order from them yesterday, starting to lose faith in Amazon's quality control. Here is a pic:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

As for the quality of the Homido headset....tried them out to see what the picture was like. Don't bother. You can literally sit there and count pixels. I watched a stack of reviews about these goggles and I don't see what everyone is raving about. They feel cheaply made. The plastic casing is low quality as are the IPD knobs. I think I'm going to pass on FPV until they can get it nailed. No point right now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura