DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung phone charging and turning off

Matrixed

Reactions
I can only get about 5 minutes of flying before my phone turns off then displays the battery charge level against a black background. The phone battery is still over 50% full. The phone is being charged the entire time that it is connected to the remote via the side micro USB cable. In the USB options on the phone I tried switching to 'Connecting MIDI devices' instead of the default 'Charging' but that does not change anything.

When the phone shuts off I can still fly the drone with the controller and safely land it but it is very annoying having to restart everything every 5 minutes.

I am using a Samsung Note 4 and the Mavic has the latest firmware installed.

Has any experienced this issue and figured out how to fix it?

Does it shut down cleanly, just turn off instantly or crash/freeze?
First bet would be your phone's battery is dying, and can't keep up when it has to supply the high requirements of the GO app. Several people with 2+ year old phones have reported the same issue (mainly with iPhones).

It does not freeze but it does not go through its normal shutdown procedure either. The screen just turns black and then the green battery icon is displayed showing the charge level. When I shut down the phone normally it shows a blue circle on the screen before turning off. This blue circle does not appear when it shuts down while flying.

This happened with two different fully charged phone batteries. Two weeks ago I was able to fly it with no problem so I'm thinking this may have to do with a DJI firmware update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji