DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S7 to S6 Edge, Cannot connect to S6 Edge

JP

Reactions
Need some help. I have been using a S7 phone without issue. I also had a S6 edge which I decided I would rather use as the other is my work phone. however I cannot seem to get it to connect.

To avoid some obvious questions,

* I have internet connection on the S6 edge
* I have the latest DJI Go App installed
* When I plug the S7 phone to controller it will immediately launch the App find the Mavic and the screen shows "Go Fly" and connects
* When I plug in the S6 Edge it does not launch the App and when I click on it it says "Enter Device", when I touch that it goes to the general settings on the Controller but upper left says "Disconnected"

Any help would be appreciated. I am probably missing something very obvious.

Thanks

On my old S4 I needed to set the app to start when USB device was detected, or something to that effect.

As for not connecting manually, you might need to reinstall the Go4, and try again.

I'm sure your S6 will make a good device, once tweeked. Good luck

Need some help. I have been using a S7 phone without issue. I also had a S6 edge which I decided I would rather use as the other is my work phone. however I cannot seem to get it to connect.

To avoid some obvious questions,

* I have internet connection on the S6 edge
* I have the latest DJI Go App installed
* When I plug the S7 phone to controller it will immediately launch the App find the Mavic and the screen shows "Go Fly" and connects
* When I plug in the S6 Edge it does not launch the App and when I click on it it says "Enter Device", when I touch that it goes to the general settings on the Controller but upper left says "Disconnected"

Any help would be appreciated. I am probably missing something very obvious.

Thanks
have u tried entering the device to USB debug mode ?

On my old S4 I needed to set the app to start when USB device was detected, or something to that effect.

As for not connecting manually, you might need to reinstall the Go4, and try again.

I'm sure your S6 will make a good device, once tweeked. Good luck

Thanks, I have all permissions set to on.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app 2 times. Same issue

went out to fly, tried S7, no issues. Landed, swapped out phones to S6 edge, Will not connect.

App will not launch so clearly not connecting. Also when I go to click on enter device it takes me to a general settings page. Do I need to re enter all new flight settings? I thought those were saved and swapping a phone wouldn't matter.

Again thanks for any help

went out to fly, tried S7, no issues. Landed, swapped out phones to S6 edge, Will not connect.

App will not launch so clearly not connecting. Also when I go to click on enter device it takes me to a general settings page. Do I need to re enter all new flight settings? I thought those were saved and swapping a phone wouldn't matter.

Again thanks for any help
have u tried with the bottom usb port? u will need to disconnect the side port connector first.

have u tried with the bottom usb port? u will need to disconnect the side port connector first.

Mr Spock,
I tried it 2 times. Still same.

Thanks for the response. Tried numerous options today, all same. remains disconnected.

HI, Having the same issue after upgrading to Go4. It was working fine with Go3 and Galaxy S6. Has anyone found a solution?

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. When I closed the Go4 app there was a USB permissions dialog hiding behind it. Have you granted USB permissions to Go4 on your S6? You mentioned that all permissions were set, but you also said that you can't connect - then later said that the app won't open, so it's clearly not connected. Which is it? The app won't open? Or it opens but won't connect. Those are two different issues, which require different troubleshooting steps to solve.

I've just downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and did the firmware update again (there is a refresh button and I clicked that) and now it is all good. Previously I did the update via the Go app. Strange but works now!

Just ordered a Mavic Air. Plan to use my old Samsung S6 Edge Plus.
I obviously have to put a sim card in to down load the DJI Go App.
Can I then take the sim card out once the app is down loaded -
App should work without sim card in phone?

Just ordered a Mavic Air. Plan to use my old Samsung S6 Edge Plus.
I obviously have to put a sim card in to down load the DJI Go App.
Can I then take the sim card out once the app is down loaded -
App should work without sim card in phone?

If you have a wireless connection you don't need the sim at all as you can download and set up DJI Go over the wireless connection.

Reactions: PDV
I upgraded my phone from the S6 Edge to the S9+. Using the S6e without Sim card dedicated to the Mavic. Small enough to fit in the case for travel. No issues and didn't do anything special. Updates done through wifi for GO4 App and firmware. Only issue is that you don't get live maps on GO4 since no data without sim card. If I know ahead of time, I will download offline maps for areas I will be flying in. If not, I just set up my S9+ as a hotspot and link into it with the S6e.
If you are still having connectivity issues, try resetting the phone, may put the USB to default again.

Reactions: PDV
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka