DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sanford FL

Not really. I have been practicing around the neighborhood. Will start looking for a place soon. I'd like to get a group together and have a fly-in soon.

Dont mean to drag up an older thread, but I just found this forum, and I am a Mavic owner in the Orlando area. The new laws passed are making it difficult to fly around here, but I usually go to some of the county parks like Blanchard Park and Downey Park.

Any other owners in the area know of other good spots, let me know and maybe we can meet up :)

Depending how far you want to travel, Seminole County does not have any rules and I have not been harassed at any of their parks. Check out Wayside Park, it is right where 17-92 crosses the St. Johns, and is outside of the 5 mile cone of the Sanford Airport. You can get some cool bridge shots and river shots from there.

Also, Sunglow Pier in Daytona Beach Shores. You can drive onto the beach and fly there. I have grabbed some awesome video footage out there and both the Police and Lifeguards watched me launch my drone and didn't say anything, just waved. Be careful, there is only a small area around that pier that is out side of the 5 mile range of New Symrna Airport and Daytona International Airport.

Reactions: BigMotor and wes
Thanks, may try getting out there 2wayside park tomorrowaround noon if weather permitts

Whats up everyone! Im in the Daytona Beach to Lake Mary area. Mavic shows up this afternoon and I am stoked to get out and start flying.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I'm a full time RVer currently living in Orange City. My Mavic is on order but since I bought a bundle it won't ship until February 2017. If anyone is flying around here, I'd like to observe.
I'm a full time RVer as well. Ended up not going to Virginia Beach. I'm in Mt Dora FL for the foreseeable future.

@Adam Hasbrouck We go up to Dewy Boster park to run the Traxxas RC cars. Was going to go up there with the Mavic some time here soon and fly it out there. As for places to fly, I have not found many great places, but, one that was kinda cool was Wayside Park in Sanford. It's a boat ramp but some cool bridges to film. It is over the St. Johns river so make sure you are comfortable with flying over water and all first... Google Maps
I have flown there. Wilson's Landing is another great place to fly near Sanford. Currently flying a lot off private access lake Saunders. with notification to Taveres Seaplane base

Reactions: Syphon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters