DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving cached maps

twoshey

Reactions
I have an Ipad Mini2 and I just purchased the Garmin gps reciever thinking it was going to give me maps when not connected to wifi....well come to find out you still have to cache the map of where u want to fly. My question is, is there a way to save mulitple cached maps so you can load them up when u get to locations instead of having one cached and only available if u don't turn off your tablet?

I have an Ipad Mini2 and I just purchased the Garmin gps reciever thinking it was going to give me maps when not connected to wifi....well come to find out you still have to cache the map of where u want to fly. My question is, is there a way to save mulitple cached maps so you can load them up when u get to locations instead of having one cached and only available if u don't turn off your tablet?
The iPad needs to be connected to the Garmin, I believe thats achieved via Bluetooth...correct?

Edit: I thought I knew the answer but now I am not sure!

Maybe this is what you need enabled and then while on wifi, use the map in the app to cache the areas?
6e47b8d53c91dcb79f996fc2f9f0fd1b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji