DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving images / videos & file numbering

NCC1701

Reactions
Hi guys

Well I'm on day 2 now and loving the Mavic, but I have some questions regarding getting the images and videos to my PC.

I realise I can download the images with the DJIGO ap onto my phone, but as you can imagine space is not infinte there and I have limited editing facilities. I kinda expected that the DJI Assistant software would allow me to pull all the media off the Mavic via the USB cable but as yet have been unable to find any real functionality other than fw updating and pulling flight logs.

So I am currently pulling the SD card, putting into the laptop and copying (well moving actually) my stuff off to a caddy drive. But this also leads to a problem: once the card is empty the file numbering starts again at 1! So, if you are not careful it is possible to overwrite other stuff already on the caddy.

So two questions:
How do you get the footage off the Mavic for editing etc. onto yur PC or Mac and secondly is there a setting for the file numbering to continue rather than restart (most cameras have this)?

thanks in advance.....

There should be a setting in app under the camera settings, something like File Index Mode continuous or something like that. I can't help you with the other question about saving to the phone, I don't think it's a great workflow so I've never explored that option.

And I've tested it and the continuous file numbering works across different memory cards.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929