DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving video to phone

Ian Mercer

Reactions
As I understand it the DJI-Go app is supposed to save a copy of the video to my phone (iphone6s plus).

It hasn't been doing so. I've double checked my phones settings and the app does have access to my camera roll.

Is there a setting in the DJI Go app I need to turn on? Or do I need to plug the drone into the computer to get to this setting (please god no, I don't have a decent PC to work on).

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The video should be cached on your iPhone if you enable the "General Settings" --> "Cache during video shooting" setting in DJI GO.

This is how I have it set up. Still unable to locate where it is cached though.

4f488eafaefa6d6e9dc48dbec3ebc6d4.jpg

talking about this and seeing the last post, i noticed my red lights automatically turn off whenever i press record...i never touched any menu about that so i guess it's standard right ?

i know there is some place in the menu where you can decide to have the led lights ON or OFF at all time...but i just didn't know led lights would shut themselves OFF during recording...

I've got video in there I downloaded from the drone over the RC connection. But the videos from today's flight are completely missing (but they show up on the SD card).

i know there is some place in the menu where you can decide to have the led lights ON or OFF at all time...but i just didn't know led lights would shut themselves OFF during recording...

In this video at 1:45 mark, he shows camera view on the device connected to controller. Select the Icon just below the Record Button, it will get you into the Camera Settings. Within that is an auto-LED on/off option for instances where the Front LEDs would reflect off up-close or reflective subjects.

And make sure you have enough room on your device.
They can also be found through iTunes if you connect your iPhone, click on the iPhone screen, then apps, select DJI Go4 in the left had panel and the logs, photos, videos etc appear in the right hand box, select what you want, scroll to the bottom and click save.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

In this video at 1:45 mark, he shows camera view on the device connected to controller. Select the Icon just below the Record Button, it will get you into the Camera Settings. Within that is an auto-LED on/off option for instances where the Front LEDs would reflect off up-close or reflective subjects.

You have to be connected to the drone in order to see this option.

I use 'Sync for DJI' app for this. This app allows download video (even in 4K resolution) and images directly from drone to my iOS Photos app.

so now I don't need to eject SD card from my drone if I want share a few photos on instagram... Very useful app

you can find it on appstore or use link Sync for DJI on the App Store . It's Free.

I use 'Sync for DJI' app for this. This app allows download video (even in 4K resolution) and images directly from drone to my iOS Photos app.

so now I don't need to eject SD card from my drone if I want share a few photos on instagram... Very useful app

you can find it on appstore or use link Sync for DJI on the App Store . It's Free.

Downloading 4k depends on which phone you have (I think).

I was only able to download 2.7k on my iPhone 6s. Guessing it doesn't support 4k or the file type was unreadable.

Yes, you're right.

'Sync for DJI' app is going to support export 4K in 2.7K. It will be available in app settings.

Is the cache on your phone full? I'll get a pop up on the Go4 app saying the cache is full and it will stop saving videos to my phone's photo album

Hi! Ive had my SD card full recently, then the Mavic offered me to save photos/videos directly to the phone. It even showed the remaining 45 Gb Storage.

Problem: Quality was real bad!

Question: Is there any way to save to the phone with good quality?

Hi! Ive had my SD card full recently, then the Mavic offered me to save photos/videos directly to the phone. It even showed the remaining 45 Gb Storage.

Problem: Quality was real bad!

Question: Is there any way to save to the phone with good quality?

No, don't think so. Have to import from the drones SD to get 1080p+

ok, thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku