DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scottsdale & Fountain Hills Locations

Anyone been to tortilla flats yet?? I'm also heading up to payson to fly tomorrow
I like to ride my m/c's out to Tortilla Flats. There are some nice secluded areas to pull off the trail that have nice views. However, as of yesterday, 5/30, AZ88 was closed at Tortilla Flats due to a wildland fire. There are also some nice spots along the way from N Mesa out to Sahuaro Lake.

Reactions: BluesDragon
I'm looking for people in the Scottsdale / Fountain Hills area that would be interested in sharing their favorite places to fly in the area. Just got my Mavic Pro, it's my first drone but I was a private pilot for many years. Let me know if you're in this area or just come out this way to fly.
Bill

Desert Vista Dog Park (Fountain Hills) Drones are allowed fly there all the time, it is my favorite place to fly. it is a designated area to fly your drone, Great view of the fountain also. Another great place to fly is Mountain View Park (N 7th ave.) It is a large designated Park for drones. just off of Catus and Cave Creek Rd, Mountain View Park In Phoenix, It is easy to find. Sunday’s are the best days to fly there, (G AIRSPACE) a lot of people show up to set up tents for shade, a lot of racing drones come there, a great place to fly and meet other drone flyers. I just moved from Scottsdale To El Paso Texas A week ago I am now looking for places here to fly. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. HAVE FUN

Desert View Park

Great place to practice your mountain flying skills

Last edited:
Mountain View Park in Phoenix (Golf airspace up to 400 feet) Drones are welcome there are signs drone flying area great area to practice mountain flying ( see my short clip below)Sundays are the best a lot of racing drone flyers and everything in between love it there

Two years ago I was winteringing in Mesa, AZ and I spoke with the Scottsdale Park District about flying my MP. They had bans in the McDowell Sonoran Reserve and a few more parks but all of the other parks were open to drones (pending FAA restrictions).

I flew in Montana Rio Park next to Scottsdale FD #7 and had a great time. This is a small park with a convenient parking lot. The park was empty and I flew up to 300’ so I didn’t disturb any of the nearby homes before heading toward the mountains. This was a convenient location for some quick flights.

I also made a movie in Bulldog Canyon near the gun range. We parked in the lot for off road vehicles and I shot some footage with friends on their quads. I don’t think there are any restrictions for parking a vehicle in the parking area, but you need a permit to go off roading. Here is a link to a video I made at Bulldog Canyon.

This past winter I flew by Saguaro Lake after speaking with a National Park Ranger. He requested that I launch from the overflow parking lot and avoid flying near people.

I look forward to spending more winter time in the Phoenix area. I’ll save this thread for future launch sites so please keep posting.

Chuck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User