DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screw trying to order a mavic!!!

turbmeister

Reactions
Sorry for the rant but I've been trying to order a mavic for weeks. I've ordered from dji like 3 times only to have my order cancelled for no reason . So I tried newegg. They also keep refunding me my money . It's actually starting to piss me off that no one will take my $$$$. I'm am contemplating just using the $$ to head to foxborough
And watching the patriots play the afc championship. Is mavic really worth the hassle and wait ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: dewster
Did you try contacting DJI support for help? Perhaps they'll be able to look up your order information and tell you why it has been cancelled.

Reactions: alkiviadisp
BestBuy was shipping them in less than a week. I have not heard any others saying their order was "cancelled" so wondering if they are having some issue with your payment method or something. Have you received any reasons for the cancellations?

I've tried contacting them and they weren't much help . They actually sent me a PayPal invoice for like 2200$ which is not the price of a mavic fly more package . DJI is so screwed up . I'm actually thinking of calling newegg and asking why I keep getting refunded . As for bestbuy they don't have a buying option as they are still sold out . I've thought about Amazon but I don't wanna wait til feb as I feel I've waited long enough .

I've tried contacting them and they weren't much help . They actually sent me a PayPal invoice for like 2200$ which is not the price of a mavic fly more package . DJI is so screwed up . I'm actually thinking of calling newegg and asking why I keep getting refunded . As for bestbuy they don't have a buying option as they are still sold out . I've thought about Amazon but I don't wanna wait til feb as I feel I've waited long enough .

If you go through Amazon just make sure to buy from the DJI account on Amazon instead of Amazon itself or some other seller. I would find out why the payment is not taking, there has to be a reason for it since I have not heard anyone else with this issue. Can you call your credit card company and get details? They could possibly be cancelling the payment if they think it is fraudulent but I would expect some kind of email or call from them if that is the case.

Try your local Best Buy, I picked one up in the store yesterday. They might have one. Best of luck to you

Agreed, seems they are not listing them as available on the website due to demand but there are some people finding them in the store.

. I'm actually thinking of calling newegg and asking why I keep getting refunded .

Newegg can be a pain in the arse to deal with. If your trying to setup a new account and anything does not fit their check list they will auto blacklist you. I was abroad for a month and needed a new Laptop within a week. I wanted one sent to my wife so she could ship it down to me. I gave NewEgg my US. Address, my US Credit card and home phone number but on the contact me number I put the number for the Hotel I was at.

Yes that or the IP I was on was enough to prevent the order from going through. Even when i got back home months later and tried to setup an account again it just would not work. I think they had blacklisted me LOL. I just use Amazon, eBay, Crutchfield or Bestbuy. Screw newegg!

Sorry for the rant but I've been trying to order a mavic for weeks. I've ordered from dji like 3 times only to have my order cancelled for no reason . So I tried newegg. They also keep refunding me my money . It's actually starting to piss me off that no one will take my $$$$. I'm am contemplating just using the $$ to head to foxborough
And watching the patriots play the afc championship. Is mavic really worth the hassle and wait ?

Hey good luck. I live in Plymouth, MA. I couldn't help noticing the Foxboro reference. Where are you located?

I thought DJI has changed their policy, where now they place a pre-auth on your card for the amount, it looks like the money came out, but then then it falls off after a few days pending shipment. Hope you don't get charged for 3 :)

Reactions: Godking1008
If your patient.. Im sure Yuneec and Autel Robotics will have some interesting drones this year to compete with DJI.

DJI won't ship to you at all if your billing and shipping address are not the same, even if you have multiple addresses on your Credit Card, and you go through the credit card identity verification system. They won't and there is no way around that according to them. Maybe someday they will understand that customers are the folks that pay the bills and should call the shots.... Maybe they never will.....
Good luck getting one.

If your patient.. Im sure Yuneec and Autel Robotics will have some interesting drones this year to compete with DJI.

I own 2 Yuneec drones and just don't trust either of them. They fly fine sometimes and sometimes just do weird stuff without touching the controls. Even support could not tell me what the issue was (yes, they looked at telemetry data as well as video showing the issue to correspond to that data) but they were more than willing to have me pay to ship it back to them and have them test in their own. I wish I could trust them as I like the drones as far as looks and camera image quality but I just cannot trust them enough to fly them even 100 ft away or in altitude. :( I bought the Mavic as my first DJI drone hoping that it will be more trustworthy and so far it has been much better.

Check best buy in store. I saw online that my local best buy would have it in store on 1/14/17 and I went in when they opened. I asked the guy if they had it and he said "dude, you won't be able to get your hands on one of those for like 3 months." I asked him to check their system to see if it was in stock. He looked it up on the computer, said "Whoa, what the heck, hold on I'll be back." 5 minutes later he walked back carrying my Mavic. He said it was the first Mavic that store had ever sold and he had no idea they had it. It's worth a shot because some stores are now getting shipments. Now I'm a happy Mavic owner.

Check best buy in store. I saw online that my local best buy would have it in store on 1/14/17 and I went in when they opened. I asked the guy if they had it and he said "dude, you won't be able to get your hands on one of those for like 3 months." I asked him to check their system to see if it was in stock. He looked it up on the computer, said "Whoa, what the heck, hold on I'll be back." 5 minutes later he walked back carrying my Mavic. He said it was the first Mavic that store had ever sold and he had no idea they had it. It's worth a shot because some stores are now getting shipments. Now I'm a happy Mavic owner.

Thanks I will check my local Best Buy's 1st thing in the morning .

The drone place a mile from my house sells them and batteries also. I just drove there and picked one up.

When I missed the first deadline for ordering, I said I'd wait till they became readily available. I waited and watched Craigslist. Watched the scalpers asking 1500 and 1600 bucks. Just before Xmas I figured one of these scalpers would probably need the cash for the holidays. Sure enough offered a guy the same amount as if I'd have bought it from a local store plus tax and he accepted...

My point, keep an eye on your local CL. If you don't care about picking up the "refresh" due to the time limit you have to purchase it, its a good way to get one quickly at a very fair price...

If you don't care about picking up the "refresh" due to the time limit you have to purchase it, its a good way to get one quickly at a very fair price
You actually have 48 hours from the moment you register the drone (first startup) so unless you are buying used that shouldn't be an issue. Also, after 48 hours you can still get the Refresh insurance if you jump through some hoops by filling out extra paperwork and including specific pictures of the drone.

Reactions: MavicMo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007