DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card (Read Only) Why Can't I Delete Photos On My Mac?

MrMavic

Reactions
I don't understand why I cannot delete photos on my own SD card. I cannot find a way to change permissions to do so. I want to delete the photos after I move them to a Thumb Drive instead of having to turn on the Mavic and connect to the app every time to Format it. Does anyone else have this annoying problem?

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 7.55.34 PM.png

There is no lock on this adapter that I can tell. Maybe it's a hidden one I cannot see ..... Grinding my teeth.

IMG_3094.JPG IMG_3095.JPG

I don't understand why I cannot delete photos on my own SD card. I cannot find a way to change permissions to do so. I want to delete the photos after I move them to a Thumb Drive instead of having to turn on the Mavic and connect to the app every time to Format it. Does anyone else have this annoying problem?

View attachment 15246
Try this: Drag and drop to trash can. if this doesn't work right click the file to select it and then choose file get info. At the bottom is an option for permissions. Click the little lock on the bottom right, enter your password and try to change your permission to read/write. Once it says read and write, then it should delete.

Worst case, try reformatting the card with Disk Utility from the Mac.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

I'm guessing you are using a MacBook? SD cards with the read lock slider are notoriously going to switch to the read lock when shoved into a MacBook. I stopped using those adapters and switched to a cheap Micro SD to USB drive.

There is no lock on this adapter that I can tell. Maybe it's a hidden one I cannot see ..... Grinding my teeth.

Well there's your problem.. there IS supposed to be a lock (the gray slider), yours is most likely stuck in the locked position internally..

MGl0DO5.jpg

Not using a MacBook, it's a iMac. I tried all this things you mentioned, hook, but no good. Looks like I nee to order another adapter and get rid of this Chinese made piece of junk.

Why ? When you're 65 years old you will understand why. Do it now or risk forgetting it, plus why take all the extra steps when you can do it after downloading the pics .If you ever go in to the service you will learn about efficiency....LOL

Reactions: hookalakupua
That adaptor does have the erase lock in the side in that last pic, the little grey tab on this closest edge. Can't remember which way is locked but have a play with that.

Why ? When you're 65 years old you will understand why. Do it now or risk forgetting it, plus why take all the extra steps when you can do it after downloading the pics .If you ever go in to the service you will learn about efficiency....LOL

Yes but I am 65 in July maybe I will go downhill then lol.
I include the format when I fire up the MP.

Haha. I've got a feeling a new SD Adapter will sort out your issue. Any chance you're near Dillon? If you are I've got someone that can help make sure you're sorted. Enjoy the day. :)

OK guys, I did my best to look closely at this card, and there IS NO slider switch on it. Those are just little indentations where you can snap the two halves apart. I'll just get a new one at Best Buy today and make sure it has the slider switch option on it. Now that you guys jogged my memory, I recall having one with the slider on it, but cannot find it.
I'm not near Dillon. Northwest of there about 200 miles. Near the Montana Idaho line headed towards Spokane.
Michael, I'm just trying to save a step and eliminate the chance of forgetting to format. I have a good memory, it's just short sometimes ... LOL

Did these macro shots this morning. The indentations are not sliders of any kind, just indentations.

IMG_3020.JPG IMG_3021.JPG

As you can see your adapter has split and the selector fell off.

Nearly every microSD card comes with an adapter so you probably already have a few. I have a bag full of them.

I've got a million of these adapters - hopefully you also have more. I throw more of them away than anything.

In short theres no reason to be using that old broken thing, get a new one. If you don't have one private message me I will happily mail you a few

Then the next problem you'll have is that the Mac doesn't actually erase the files, it 'recycles' them. Unless you then empty the recycle bin the space will still be used. Easier to just format the card in the drone.

Reactions: sancap
My Mac erases and deletes the file completely when I empty the trash. It is easier to delete on my Mac after I load them onto a external USB disc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada