DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card vs using phone to record

Coach D

Reactions
Rookie question. But first. I use a galaxy 7 for a phone. My videos download directly to phone. How do I get my Mavic to record videos and pics to the SD card instead?

They are on both. Low quality preview on phone, full size on card. You can disable the phone recording (video cache) if you want.

Reactions: ThePaulius
Rookie question. But first. I use a galaxy 7 for a phone. My videos download directly to phone. How do I get my Mavic to record videos and pics to the SD card instead?

The video you are seeing on your phone is the cached video from the live feed(usually 720p).

If you have an sd card in the mavic it will record full resolution video(set at your leisure) to the card along with any photos. Pop the card in a card reader in a computer and you’re away!

Edited with additional info below:

The cached video is great for a quick review or showing friends when you’re out and about. It can also be useful should you lose your bird. This video is sent and saved in real time. So even though you can’t locate your drone the video feed is available.

Not so great for anything other than that(think production).

Memory cards vary in price and spec. In general you want a card of at least 16 GB that is class 10. Ideally UHS 3. These specs are usually on the front of the card themselves.

Anymore questions just ask[emoji106]

Niall

Reactions: Corax
Thanks Niall. So I have stuff on the SD card...I just didn't know about it?

Please, PLEASE read the online manual a few times before flying.

Good editing software... depends on OS. Also, this question gets asked about 10 times a month. You can use the search button as well.

I use Final Cut Pro on my iMac. Its a great video editing program!

They are on both. Low quality preview on phone, full size on card. You can disable the phone recording (video cache) if you want.
I didn't know thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!! [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji113] [emoji113] [emoji113] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

I didn't know thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!! [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji113] [emoji113] [emoji113] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
I didn't know that either....lol Now I do:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy