DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seagate Hard Drive For DJI Drones

Monty

Reactions
IMG_0323.jpg IMG_0324.jpg Seagate has announced a new hard drive specifically designed for drone users, the DJI Fly Drive, via SlashGear. The drive offers up to 2TB of storage and features an integrated USB-C cable, both of which are fairly routine for an external drive these days, but what separates it from other hard drives is the built-in microSD card slot.

According to Seagate, the included microSD slot is designed to make it easy to quickly transfer drone footage over to the drive while out in the field. To that end, the slot is rated for cards up to UHS-II speeds, which should help to quickly transfer files from even high-capacity cards. Additionally, the new drive also features a built-in protective bumper (which also houses the aforementioned USB-C cable), in deference to the fact that you’ll probably be using this while away from a desk.

The DJI Fly Drive, as the name suggests, is the first product to emerge from the partnership DJI and Seagate announced back in January at CES to develop drone-focused storage solutions. That said, while the DJI Fly Drive may bear DJI’s branding, there’s no reason why one couldn’t use it with a different microSD card-based drone (or even just as a useful hard drive / microSD card reader separate from any drone at all).

The DJI Fly Drive is set to go on sale sometime this summer for $120 which I'm assuming is USD $$$

Seagate built a hard drive with a microSD slot for DJI drones

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is not a standalone drive, still needs to be connected to computer to use it. Good to have the micro SD but if you have a computer it has SD slots any way.

There are at least a couple of threads on that already.
Oh really. I didn't see any.
My bad for the repost.
Are these devices any good??? Thinking about getting my hands on one

Look at the WD wireless pro. Same features, more features and can be used as a wireless pled server.

Reactions: Monty
Have had great success with using the WD wireless Pro (available up to 4TB storage) for the past 3-4 months using it exclusively to store Mavic video/photos. Stay away from the original WD passport wireless. WD Pro also has a powered USB port for charging R/C, phone, etc. in the field. For $10, you can get a neoprene carrying case. Use the included USB3 cable to view on your desktop/laptop.

Have had great success with using the WD wireless Pro (available up to 4TB storage) for the past 3-4 months using it exclusively to store Mavic video/photos. Stay away from the original WD passport wireless. WD Pro also has a powered USB port for charging R/C, phone, etc. in the field. For $10, you can get a neoprene carrying case. Use the included USB3 cable to view on your desktop/laptop.

You don't have a model number or more details on that WD passport Pro do you ?
Thanks West coast Dave

Do you have a link to the neoprene carrying sleeve please?

Just do a Google search for "WD wireless Pro case". There are two versions: one is a hard case the other, which I got, is neoprene. Got mine from B&H photo.

Amazing that we're in an age where we're talking about 2 Terabyte hard drives. The first IBM PC I worked with had a 10 Mb hard drive. At the rate of about 2 Gb of memory needed for 1 minute of 4K video, that 10 Mb hard drive works out to the equivalent of about 0.3 seconds of 4K video.

I wouldn't touch anything with the name "Seagate" on it. Total pieces of crap that company makes. My Seagate hard drives have all failed. I was able to copy some of the files over to my computer on some of them and then tossed them in the trash. Total garbage! I use Western Digital or other brands now.
The question, is, "Do you really want to trust the brand to keep your footage safe"? I should think not!

I wouldn't touch anything with the name "Seagate" on it. Total pieces of crap that company makes. My Seagate hard drives have all failed. I was able to copy some of the files over to my computer on some of them and then tossed them in the trash. Total garbage! I use Western Digital or other brands now.
The question, is, "Do you really want to trust the brand to keep your footage safe"? I should think not!
Iv had a few seagate sand they have all failed on me to. Never had a problem with my WD drives

Plus 1. I bought a 4TB seagate from Costco couple months ago thinking maybe they've gotten better. The thing was loud and the software was just no user-friendly. Took it back the next day and bought a WD. I could always count on WD drives. I have a WD My Cloud drive hooked up to my network thats worked flawlessly for couple years now.

088abcb01c4d328ab1110715b7e9a9ba.jpg
6ea8cedf146cf93da00471ee8c2fdb67.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair