DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle Area Pilots

Got up to the Tulip Festival on Sunday. While we were filming (carefully), we accidentally captured another Mavic flying below us. And when we had brought 'er back and packed up, we saw a Phantom bombing around out there too. They were flying a bit more dangerously, unfortunately.

Mavic Pro | 2017 Tulip Festival in La Conner, WA
I cant seem to see your video...is it still up? im down in Seattle but i would imagine it would be great to use a mavic for the tulips!

Thank you! In going to try and go up this week. Any suggestions of best roads/places to go?

Lynnwood/Edmonds pilot here, also have p2v+ and p3a, just fixed my mavics gimbal overload problem with new gimbal motor arm, you can now fix gimbal problems for cheap, motor arm came with flex cable installed, getting a few more for spares along with camera lens for spares

I love flying

Reactions: fella5
Greg, in Kirkland, Kingsgate area. I've been freestyling with cheap drones for the past couple of years and just pulled the trigger on a Mavic Pro with expected delivery of this Thursday.

Hi All,
Jim on Bainbridge Island here. Been on the forum for a few days now and my head is still hurting from where I hit the learning curve. And I don't even have the drone yet. Looking forward to my new Mavic Pro arriving late next week (or so I hope).

Reactions: sgoe02
Hello from Bryn Mawr - just ordered my Mavic Pro and am looking forward to flying it. Anyone else flew around the area of Skyway/Renton border?

Greg, in Kirkland, Kingsgate area. I've been freestyling with cheap drones for the past couple of years and just pulled the trigger on a Mavic Pro with expected delivery of this Thursday.

Hey there - freestyling vids and fpv are what got me into all this. Have you seen some of the newer vids guys are getting with fpv rigs?

DJI are now making FPV setups and parts along with a sync module that connects with the new DJI race goggles...potentially letting you fly both the Mavic and an FPV drone off the same gear...

Greetngs GhostChilly,

Yup, I've seen that particular video before. Mine will be a more tame than this. I'm currently practicing close-in trail flying when I get the chance to fly. I'm also putzing around with the manual camera settings for the lighting conditions I expect to run into.

Greetngs GhostChilly,

Yup, I've seen that particular video before. Mine will be a more tame than this. I'm currently practicing close-in trail flying when I get the chance to fly. I'm also putzing around with the manual camera settings for the lighting conditions I expect to run into.

Yeah I realize that's a pro racer flying a custom rig with years of flight time but I do find it inspiring. I hope to achieve some really good aerials and fly by shots, establishing shots and the like for my company and the marketing I will be doing. But I do like the idea of having one FPV Helmet that allows me to fly both the mavic and a quad with the visual quality the DJI occusync component can achieve.

Are there any spots anyone knows about in the skyway area or in Renton that are good to go?

Hey guys, new pilot from Lynnwood here. I got my Mav a couple weeks ago and have been trying to absorb as much info as I can reading and watching vids and then practicing what I've learned trying to be methodical and limit mistakes. I was over in the Crescentbar area last week and took a couple shots. 920F5C9FE9D9489F7972ACB839B61953.jpg447F833B2E75E049DD9F12DDCFD5EA24.jpgB3863F568849D247FC732EF6DE8511C0.jpg

Hi All,
Jim on Bainbridge Island here. Been on the forum for a few days now and my head is still hurting from where I hit the learning curve. And I don't even have the drone yet. Looking forward to my new Mavic Pro arriving late next week (or so I hope).

+1000 ... All the rules and everything else does seem overwhelming for sure. I'm right there with you on that hurt head feeling!!!

Hello everyone, Steve from Federal Way. New pilot and just ordered the MP FMC; should arrive by 1/5/18. Really appreciating this forum and this thread. Hope to be able to absorb a lot of info from you all. Definitely would enjoy meeting up with some folks at some point as has been posted already a few times.

Reactions: izzy
Another Steve here. This time from North Seattle. Spent a bunch of time at 60 Acres in Redmond and always looking for more good places to fly or meet ups. Note: I'm a Phantom 4 guy, not Mavic

Thanks. Tracking shows that my Mavic is sitting in Puyallup tonight ... hopeful I will have it delivered tomorrow.
You're going to have a lot of fun.

Seattle_Steve, I find myself at 60 acres once or twice a month to practice something new in the wide open before I practice it in tight quarters.
Here's a video I edited in the DJI app of Sammamish River this past November.

Reactions: Seattle_Steve
Yes!!! Mavic finally got here this afternoon. Finished all the family stuff, running kids around, errands, etc. Unboxed, recorded S/N, put controller and batteries on the charger, bought DJI Care Refresh. And now the wait ...... :( waiting for batteries to charge, waiting for daylight, waiting for no rain!!!!! This is how you make a grown man look like an impatient little child throwing tantrums!!!!! LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121