DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle! New Mavic :)

nelson.meeks12

Reactions
Hello Mavic pilots! I received my Mavic drone last week and I'm loving it!

I've thoroughly read the FAA drone regulations, but I have a few questions for Seattle/Washington pilots! According to "Know Before You Fly" & "Air Map" android app, it appears I cannot fly it ANYWHERE in Seattle? It looks like Heli pads & Airports restrict me from flying...is this really true???

Also according to the Seattle gov website, drones cannot be flown in any public parks...I found this just today. I posted a instagram video of my flight yesterday in a Seattle park, should I delete just in case :(?
Rules & Regulations - Parks | seattle.gov
upload_2017-1-27_21-5-9.png

http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/
upload_2017-1-27_21-3-38.png

Thank you all and I appreciate the Mavic community!
-N. Meeks

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-27_20-58-11.png
    upload_2017-1-27_20-58-11.png
    2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

You can fly within those areas by calling the tower and notifying them of your flight plans.
  • When flown within five statute miles of an airport, the operator of the model aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation. Model aircraft operators flying from a permanent location within five statute miles of an airport should establish a mutually agreed upon operating procedure with the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport).
SOURCE: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Use of Model Aircraft Near an Airport – Airports

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

You can fly within those areas by calling the tower and notifying them of your flight plans.
  • When flown within five statute miles of an airport, the operator of the model aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation. Model aircraft operators flying from a permanent location within five statute miles of an airport should establish a mutually agreed upon operating procedure with the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport).
SOURCE: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Use of Model Aircraft Near an Airport – Airports

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
Thanks mate for the clarification! So in order to fly in Seattle it seems like I must contact the airport every time I fly within 5 mi? Do you know if thats the case for helipads & other restricted places since it does somewhat seem unrealistic and takes away the point of flying around Seattle--even outside of the city (I know first world problem :p).

Would you recommend that I take down my Seattle park video?

-N. Meeks

Reactions: rossmoney
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum nelson .:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada