DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second range test successful!!! 18000 feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal_recon26

Reactions
If anyone even cares about range test anymore haha. I will be doing 20000 feet next weekend stay tuned!

Watch "DJI MAVIC RANGE TEST!!! 18000 FEET... EASY!" on YouTube

Reactions: D700 and Cutaway
This was the flight before that one

Watch "DJI MAVIC distance test 16000 feet!" on YouTube

Reactions: D700
P mode. I'm thinking it is more efficient for distance. But I'm sure I'll be doing more tests!

Dang, man. I'm still being proud of my 9060 feet over highway, power lines, hotels, offices, forest preserves, and neighborhood suburbia yesterday. (My previous best range was 600-some, I think.) The Mavic is amazing.

9000 seems awesome for such a interference rich environment !!

Lol no I'm not in Texas. I'm in the butt hole of california... the part that they film rap videos as far away as possible from this place.

**** i have never made over 2200 meters yet. In what i thought was open area the other day i only managed 1900 meters. The 2200 was over power lines railway track fields full of trees.

i will be back in Thailand in 12 days i will take my Mavic here and my Mavic there and maybe put them both to the test.

In before drone police fanaticism [emoji111]️

My disclaimer: "I don't care how reckless you fly, as long as you know you are always held responsible by the law and everybody for what your drone does, and what happens because of it. This likely leaves many people more than simply disgruntled. But the drone is yours, and you do have the right to do what you want with it- just gotta be prepared to live with the consequences to you and possibly others."

My other disclaimer: "When I do things outside the law and safety guidelines, it's either an accident, or a risk I accept (and I'm not the casually risk-taking type)- and if I'm not sure about something, I phone a nice guy at the nearest airport and we talk about it."

Congrats on the 18000-feet distance. The video appears to be down, so... what was your environment like, RF-wise?

My best distance is 9,084 feet, over deserted roads, equally deserted office parks and fields, ponds, and sections of forest. (Makes for nice enough bike rides.) Between me and the drone were several blocks of suburban homes, a large residential hotel, a section of highway with overhead power lines, a college campus, 2 office parks, and a cellular tower.
Unmodified Mavic, controller fully charged at the start, and 2 days straight of rain had just cleared up an hour ago. It was still cloudy and humid.

You guys are making me wanna try and see how far I can fly... ;p

"Hey watch this"

[emoji26]

Please don't be one of those guys.

Not gonna fly way way high and my area don't have heli or small commercial aircraft flying around..
No harm will come from my testing (if ever I find the confidence to try a distance test)...Most I ever did is 1k meters..

;p

Why do you guys continue to risk flying over people & property for no good reason I just don't understand. Take a drive to the country to fly in that manner. ;)

Since the videos are now gone, thread closed.

lbts6m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e