DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second screen for Mavic?

Ewilson222

Reactions
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way that I could hookup a second screen. Preferably a phone that will just share the video signal. I'm thinking about those cheap-o 20 dollar vr headsets that you pop your phone into. Google cardboard comes to mind. I would like a second screen so that spectators or more specifically my son can go for a ride in the mavic. Is that possible?

There is no video output of the controller itself. Get a phone or tablet that can mirror its screen over HDMI output. There are not as many as you think; the Shield K1 is a common popular choice.

or you could stream live to Facebook and your son could watch the stream. However this would require use of mobile (cell) data.

Or you can buy a second remote and hook it to an iPad.

"Get a phone or tablet that can mirror its screen over HDMI output.."

I didn't consider this. I do have a Shield. It has an HDMI out. I can hook it to a television or monitor but to output to a small device like a phone? I don't know if that would work. It would have to be HDMI to USB . does that even exist? I'll have to look into this more. Im sure there are goggles that have HDMI inputs. Might have to go that route..

"stream live to Facebook and your son could watch the stream"

This I will try also but without trying first I'm going to assume that the lag of uploading then playing back over cellular data would not be a "live" experience. Still worth a try though. Thanks!

"buy a second remote and hook it"

This will probably be the easiest route. Second controller as trainer and cellphone hooked to its USB. Goto to full screen on said cell device and pop that into the vr headset. Go for a ride.

Its to bad we can't see through and record the video from the two object avoidance cameras. You could get real 3D footage with two cameras like that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa