DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seeking a backpack that will fit the mavic + 2 batteries + dji goggles? (and be airline worthy)..

theskyisthelimit99

Reactions
Does anyone have any idea what backpacks exist that might fit the dji goggles + the quad, plus controller and 2 batteries? Ideally one that can be thrown on the back ontop of a water backpack for a bike ride.. i know im reaching here..

The closest i see is a $129 bag like this.. lowepro .. my budget was more like $60, but if its more compact and will do the job then great.. ( i guess).. cant tell but this one looks kinda big in general, but its specs say 12.01 x 5.71 x 17.91 in

To make matters worse, i'd like to find one that can do all this and maybe qualify either as a carry on (delta dimensions 22 x 14 x 9 ) or better yet qualify as the one personal item (i think limited to 9 inches x 10 inches x 17)

It sounds like this lowepro bag is probably a tad too big to be considered a personal item.

In the end i may be looking for two solutions i guess, a more compact one and medium one for bike rides, unless something exists in between?

Thanks in advance

They have tons of choices at B&H for around that price that can fit all of those things easily.

They have tons of choices at B&H for around that price that can fit all of those things easily.
Do you know of one, that is compact, preferable with a shoulder strap, that can hold the Mavic, 2 extra batteries, an RC, some small accessories, the Goggles, the CrystalSky, and it's respective mounting bracket, and car and AC chargers, as well as the charging hub? It would ideally be a bag that I can strap over my shoulders and hang off to my left side, as when I travel, I already have a backpack mounted on my back with other gear.

Does anyone have any idea what backpacks exist that might fit the dji goggles + the quad, plus controller and 2 batteries? Ideally one that can be thrown on the back ontop of a water backpack for a bike ride.. i know im reaching here..

The closest i see is a $129 bag like this.. lowepro .. my budget was more like $60, but if its more compact and will do the job then great.. ( i guess).. cant tell but this one looks kinda big in general, but its specs say 12.01 x 5.71 x 17.91 in

To make matters worse, i'd like to find one that can do all this and maybe qualify either as a carry on (delta dimensions 22 x 14 x 9 ) or better yet qualify as the one personal item (i think limited to 9 inches x 10 inches x 17)

It sounds like this lowepro bag is probably a tad too big to be considered a personal item.

In the end i may be looking for two solutions i guess, a more compact one and medium one for bike rides, unless something exists in between?

Thanks in advance

The lowepro viewpoint aw250 you're looking at is the way to go. It frequently goes on sale for $99. I also have then Yuhan backpack that someone reviewed on here which costs $40. The lowepro is WAY nicer and worth the extra money. You won't regret the Lowepro backpack. It's just so nicely made and the straps are contoured and sort of mold to your body after a few uses. I ride my bike to work everyday with it and my Mavic inside along with my laptop, bike spares and tools, etc.

Edit: By the way, it's not as big as it looks. It JUST big enough for Mavic and Goggles plus some extras. I think it's the perfect size.

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
The first one looks a bit huge.. doesnt seem to list the specs of size..

The second one comes close.. though not an official mavic one which is probably fine (add padding maybe?).. except that its 12.0 x 16.5 x 12.5" over the 9x10x17 limit for a personal item, but within the overhead bin limit (i think i'd feel better if i had it with me on a flight).. i think it might be good in general, assuming the goggles fit in there.

Also key is two straps (for biking), which that one at least has.

The lowepro viewpoint aw250 you're looking at is the way to go. It frequently goes on sale for $99. I also have then Yuhan backpack that someone reviewed on here which costs $40. The lowepro is WAY nicer and worth the extra money. You won't regret the Lowepro backpack. It's just so nicely made and the straps are contoured and sort of mold to your body after a few uses. I ride my bike to work everyday with it and my Mavic inside along with my laptop, bike spares and tools, etc.

Edit: By the way, it's not as big as it looks. It JUST big enough for Mavic and Goggles plus some extras. I think it's the perfect size.
So a water bladder bag would fit under the backpack (two backpacks essentially), i take it?

It sure looks nice, but the issue is that its a tad too large i think to qualify as a personal item to carry onto the plane (fine for overhead, but again, prefer on me.. being a nervous ninny i guess).. leary about the whole travelling on usa flights with it to begin with, though i dont think its an issue in general from what i read and found out.

Also spotted this light traveller backpack looks like it fits or .8 (not sure if they check) too big inside the personal item limit.. i cant tell, but might fit the goggles too.

Forgot, but ideally fit the ipad mini 4 in there too (which this does)

There is also this Beaspire ($60) slightly larger 16.5 x 7.9 x 9.4 inches, still within personal item limit.. still unsure if it can fit everything

Last edited:
So a water bladder bag would fit under the backpack (two backpacks essentially), i take it?

It sure looks nice, but the issue is that its a tad too large i think to qualify as a personal item to carry onto the plane (fine for overhead, but again, prefer on me.. being a nervous ninny i guess).. leary about the whole travelling on usa flights with it to begin with, though i dont think its an issue in general from what i read and found out.

I think it should qualify as a personal item. It's similar size to a large laptop bag.

Regarding water bladder, would it fit in the laptop pocket? Here's a picture of the pocket:

IMG_20170523_132423.jpg

The backpack is pretty thin. It doesn't stick way out on your back lick many backpacks.

I think it should qualify as a personal item. It's similar size to a large laptop bag.

Regarding water bladder, would it fit in the laptop pocket? Here's a picture of the pocket:

View attachment 13461
Yeah i'd imagine it would fit in there just fine, only issue would be fear of a leak i guess. I mean that bag overall looks great, it just "feels" like it might be about 3-4" too tall for my tastes, maybe, unsure. Im going to give these other two bags a try first, then fall back to that one if that fails (size / fitting wise).. unsure how delta deals with carry on personal items if they measure, since its a tad beyond the spec at least for the $129 bag.

edit: does anyone have the dimensions of the dji goggles folded up? is it 10 x 8.07 x 3.6"?

Last edited:
The Viewpoint BP250 is not huge. It's a good size. However, having just purchased the goggles, it is a little bit tight. If I try to fit the "toilet seat" part of the goggles in the upper section I cannot do up the zip. There is a removable separator between the upper and lower section. I shall have to remove it, if I am to fit everything in. It can be done, for sure. I just need to find the best approach.

The Viewpoint BP250 is not huge. It's a good size. However, having just purchased the goggles, it is a little bit tight. If I try to fit the "toilet seat" part of the goggles in the upper section I cannot do up the zip. There is a removable separator between the upper and lower section. I shall have to remove it, if I am to fit everything in. It can be done, for sure. I just need to find the best approach.

Really! Man, that headband must be HUGE. Did you try adjusting it to it's smallest size? My goggles arrive today and I'll be checking this as well.

Yes, I tightened it up to it's smallest. Just about to have a packing session, to see how I can best accommodate things. I could do with sourcing a nice, cotton bag to protect the main goggle section. Don't want it rattling round and getting scratched to buggery :eek:

Reactions: jdl
Wow, ok, so it sounds like this bag might just make it then.. and if its just making it.. then these two i was going to try first probably wont for sure:

- light traveller backpack 9.8" x 5.5" x 14.5 (within personal item limit)
- Beaspire ($60) slightly larger 9.4 x 7.9 x 16.5 inches (within personal item limit)

***Or maybe the Wanderer backpack 11.4" x 5.5" x 17.9". (slightly beyond the personal item size limit like the bp 250, might make it) $59

BP 250 again being : 12.01 x 5.71 x 17.91 in (beyond personal limit by a few dimensions)

Yes, I tightened it up to it's smallest. Just about to have a packing session, to see how I can best accommodate things. I could do with sourcing a nice, cotton bag to protect the main goggle section. Don't want it rattling round and getting scratched to buggery :eek:
Thats my other concern on the mavic and goggles.. in these backpacks.. since they can move around to an extent.. whats the odds of TSA tossing the bag on the belt for xray (or i guess you do that) and breaking something.. probably best to take the props off at least.

I got lowepro slingshot edge 150 and 250, I loved the 150 so much I got the 250 just incase I bring my long range stuff, batteries, mounts, Goggles (not dji, the octulus), etc....
ab6f9ee47dc311b3ced09e43510696a6.jpg

Reactions: AYA74

Thanks in advance
Hi, I just purchased Pro Combo and it purchased this one XCD Ballistic Large SLR Camera Bag > also has an attached rain hood and room to fit a folded launch pad in the same pouch, Kerry

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty