DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Self height gain and uneven hover

Eijin

Reactions
I have found a similar thread from January there wasn't any clear answer to it so I decided that perhaps someone know something more by now.

Like in the thread-since yesterday I have noticed that my mavic is a bit titled you can see that on the picture I did NOT do any sort of calibrations as the manual states clearly only to do them when prompted.

Again I did notice that the mavic is gaining an attitude on its own and that happens on a grass area in the park. It's been gaining around 0,5 of the meter that happened few times.

It also shows a wrong height parameter in dji go app I know that it does correspond to the home point and not the actual position but after updating mi hp it's been showing -13 meters being 2 meters above the place I have updated hp which is creepy.

If the Mav is tilted, but maintaining its position in space, then it's fighting wind, or a breeze. The other issues you describe call for an IMU & compass calibration. Only then can you determine if the Mavic is defective or just needed to be calibrated.

If the Mav is tilted, but maintaining its position in space, then it's fighting wind, or a breeze. The other issues you describe call for an IMU & compass calibration. Only then can you determine if the Mavic is defective or just needed to be calibrated.
I will do all calibrations and post my progress tomorrow I'm going to work can't test this out yet.

I have just been doing some research I have found info that the height (h) on dji go app relates to the taken off point and not actual hp so thats could be why whenever I have updated my hp it still been showing -13 meters...can someone confirm?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929