DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sending My Little Oil Painting Maker Back for a Second Time!

rmb

Reactions
I am sending mine back for the second time for the oil paining effect. Seems like occasionally (and I mean only occasionally) if I format the SD card and reset camera settings that I get a good video. But, the moment I change to an Art or DLog setting and change back to a Standard mode the picture quality goes back to the Painting effect especially in 1920x1080. I am a Licensed pilot and I make part of my living with my UAVs and unfortunately even if they fix it I don't think I will ever be able to trust it. Also I don't think they fixed it I thing they just reach onto the refund shelf and put another one in the mail. If this time I have made a small mark on mine to see it they do it again. As a serious Aerial Photographer it frustrates me to no end that there are people out there filming beautiful shoots we there Mavics and I am making garbage. Here's a frame grab of the latest horror.

Mavic-Video-Frame-2.jpg

Last edited:
Mine looks like that when I take a picture and zoom in on something. This is my second mavic Replacement from DJI so I'm saying F it I'm not sending it in again, they just tell me they are fixing my mavic and they just send me a completely different drone with different serial numbers. And the firmware sucks azz also

I am sending mine back for the second time for the oil paining effect. Seems like occasionally (and I mean only occasionally) if I format the SD card and reset camera settings that I get a good video. But, the moment I change to an Art or DLog setting and change back to a Standard mode the picture quality goes back to the Painting effect especially in 1920x1080. I am a Licensed pilot and I make part of my living with my UAVs and unfortunately even if they fix it I don't think I will ever be able to trust it. Also I don't think they fixed it I thing they just reach onto the refund shelf and put another one in the mail. If this time I have made a small mark on mine to see it they do it again. As a serious Aerial Photographer it frustrates me to no end that there are people out there filming beautiful shoots we there Mavics and I am making garbage. Here's a frame grab of the latest horror.

View attachment 10706

I feel your pain

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
What kind of SD card are you using in the mavic? Class of SD card is important. try a different one. I used a Samsung 128GB Class 10, and it looked exactly like this. I got a Sandisk 128GB U3 and much nicer.
Check the settings when the mavic is on, as I have seen several times there are random settings that get changed after firmware updates, and if the setting is changed with the mavic off, the app appears to do it, but its not actually changed on the drone.

Thanks for this. I get what your saying and the setting thing isa possibility. Regarding the SD I should try another. That said, the one I am using is the one that came with it I think? Look at attached and let me know. Also could be the right card, but a bad one I guess.
SD-Card.jpg

Best to get is a sandisk extreme PRO 64gb, amazon has them for about 45$.

You're probably right. What is ironic is thats the card they sent me with the fly more combo. I am torn on investing more into this little guy and I do have an invitation to send it in again from DJI. I guess if that doesn't do it I will have a decision to make. Curious, do you have just 10 seconds of footage that you have shoot with your mavic posted anywhere. It's always nice to see whats possible and half the stuff I see on youtube makes me wonder if it is actually mavic footage.

View attachment 10706
Try using +1, -1, 0 you will see the difference straight away

what

View attachment 10706

What settings are you using?
Are you using ND filters?
White balance?
ISO?