DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensor calibration errors after 800 update

Davidwh

Reactions
Just updated to 800 firmware and the latest DJI assistant and app and I am having issues calibrating the sensors through the assistant 2. I have tried re-booting my pc (win 10) and using option 7 but to no avail. The sensors are clean and when trying to calibrate, a green tick is showing on each of the small displays on the calibration screen. However in the app the calibration vision sensors are showing normal...am I safe to fly????

Why are you recalibrating them in the first place? You shouldn't be doing that unless you got a prompt t do it.

Several people mentioned that calibration only worked with certain particular resolutions set for the computer monitor.

it was just out of habit to re-calibrate everything after a firmware update as well as checking the settings in the app
Hmm...not a good practice to follow. I've owned my Mavic since Octoberish 2016 and the only calibration I've performed was the compass, which I only did twice.

Definitely check all settings, but a calibration is not necessary. Especially not for the vision sensors.

Reactions: Davidwh
I was prompted to calibrate the vision sensors. I used Assistant 2 DJI software to do so. It gave me issues after installing Assistant on my tower. Installed it on laptop and it worked flawlessly. I don't know why...and kinda don't care since it works on my laptop.
It IS DEFINITELY necessary to calibrate the vision sensors when prompted.
Be sure to reset your record settings after calibration since the Assistant app can/will sometimes switch to or from 4K to another resolution and can also sometimes switch your file type to/from .mov/mp4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio